Good friends, good times.

Monday, August 17, 2009

We had a great time on Saturday with some great friends.

When we first moved into our house over 7 years ago, we moved in right next door to some great friends. In fact, we moved there because we were already great friends and we thought, what a great idea to have great friends right next door.

And it was a great idea. (Sorry for all the "greats", but it really was great!)

Her husband worked long hours, my husband was working nights at the time, and we both had small children. We spent a lot of time at each others houses, cooked meals together, our kids played, and we shopped together. It really was a great time in my life - and in her life, too, I'm sure.

And then they sold their house and moved far, far, far, far away.

Ok, it's not that far, but it's not a hop, skip, and a jump. And it's not like we can cook dinner together any more. And every once in while when I'm out of cream of chicken soup, I get a little sad.

But Saturday, after Taylor's birthday party, they came over and spent the entire day just hanging at the house, like old times. It was the greatest.

The kids played.

We played.


We shopped, we ate, played cards, and watched TV. You'd have thought no time had past.



Don't you just love friendships like that? I know I do.

Thanks for hanging with us Josh & Kelly. We had a blast!




8 comments:

Hannah D. said...

Hi just came across your blog - just wanted to say hi! I look forward to reading - you and your fam seem so cute!!

Lindsey said...

That is so awesome, gotta love friendships like that!

Grand Pooba said...

Of course! Especially when both you and your hubby get along with them. They are darling!

Mighty M said...

So fun! Glad you had such a great time!!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

How fun! I do love friends like that!

In this wonderful life... said...

I love having friends that live close by! looks like you guys had fun!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Definitely love those forever friendships! With moving so much cuz of the military...we find moving away pretty regular! But like you said, even with that happening, when you get together with those special friends, it's like time or distance hadn't changed a thing!

Awesome that you all had that time together!

Kelly said...

Your the greatest, that blog brought a tear to my eye. Thanks for being a great friend... you know there is land for sale right next door to us now. Josh thinks he can convience Joey!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict