And the party goes on and on and on...

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Taylor's birthday party was last Saturday, and since it's hotter than Hades here in South Texas, what better way to celebrate than by spending the afternoon in the pool?

Everyone had tons of fun, except when I begged these boys (birthday boy in the middle) to pose for a picture. At least they faked it...

This is how Taylor looked while opening all of his presents. Classic.

His old bicycle (that he'd had since he was 3, I think) was a bit small, so it was time for an upgrade.

Funny story... he wanted a Star Wars party, so I sent out SW invitations, bought SW plates, napkins, the works. When it was time to buy the cake, I couldn't find a SW cake anywhere.

So he had an Indian Jones cake. Ashton called it his Indian Wars party.

Yesterday was his actual birthday and Joey took the day off to spend with the kids. Taylor LOVES Burger King, so that's where they went for lunch. Joey sent me this picture from his phone.

I hear they also went to Baskin Robbins for ice cream, Target to spend some birthday money, and Chuck E. Cheese to play games. Poor mommy was working. BOO!

Last night, Grandpa and Lynda came over to celebrate. Taylor wasted no time at all initiating Grandpa into all of his new games.

First they tossed the football, then they played soccer in the cul-de-sac. Next, Taylor taught Gpa how to play Super Mario Party 8 on the Wii.

Needless to say, Taylor won.

Then they moved on to Light Saber fights. Taylor had the entire script down and told Gpa exactly what to say. It was quite enjoyable to watch. And Gpa was quite a good sport about the entire evening.

After dinner we had cake - cake that Ashton made for Taylor earlier in the day. It was vanilla cake (because Taylor does not like chocolate) with half vanilla icing, half chocolate icing (for Ashton, my chocolate girl!). (And the piece missing? Yeah, Ashton had to taste it to be sure it was ok for Taylor to eat. LOL)

Gpa and Lynda gave Taylor the funniest card. When you pull the chin it tells jokes. Taylor got the biggest kick out of it!


Ashton was very proud of her cake!

Grandpa, Taylor, and Lynda.

All in all, I'd say Taylor had a fabulous birthday. I mean, he's six now, and I'm not so thrilled about that, but I guess he does have to grow up. And he is a cutie, so what can I say?



6 comments:

Jenny.Lee said...

Looks like a fun party! Happy Birthday to Taylor!

Tara Gibson said...

love the sword picture! too cute! and that cake.. yummmm!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Grandpas are the best!

Grand Pooba said...

What a great birthday celebration! Holy Crap that cake is amaza-zing!

Staci said...

looks like yall had a blast. Sorry we missed it!!

Kelsey Smith said...

Your job title as a professional blog stalker made me laugh!! Just found yours and will be stalking later :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict