MHR Friday... on Tuesday.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009


Joey is my rock.

We have a lot going on right now that I can't fill you in on just yet, but needless to say, my stress level has been through the roof.

We're tightening the reigns on our budget and have put the nix on any unnecessary spending, so when I turned on our (new 52" plasma) TV Sunday afternoon, only to see the color ALL JACKED UP, I almost had a heart attack. (We had a thunderstorm the night before and lost power for over 6 hours. I guess that did it.) All I could think about was what it would cost us to replace it, or get it fixed, and how we weren't supposed to be spending any money right now. I literally wanted to curl up in a ball and cry.

Joey tried for a while to fix it, but nothing seemed to work. I was a mess. I know it's just a TV, but it was the money I was worried about. UGH!

Then, after we both took a nap, and I began to sink into a deep depression (because this is what I do), Joey decided maybe he should just unplug it and plug it back in. That's when the angels began to sing. The TV worked!!!

Joey kept his cool the whole time. He knew I was freaking out, but he's my rock.

Also, I've been super worried about what we were going to do with our dogs while we're on vacation. We have a new puppy - that you all have met - and we keep saying we need to take care of this, but vacation is creeping up, and so is my stress level. (Are you seeing a pattern?)

I literally felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders when I received this text from Joey on my way home yesterday:

"Dogs going to memaws during vacation..."

I couldn't even text him back. Because you can't hug someone through a text. I thought I was going to cry.

Seriously. I don't know what I would do without him. I'm sure these things may seem silly, but since my stress level is at a constant 10 these days, these little things mean the world to me.

I love you Babe! More than you know...


9 comments:

jen + ryan said...

aww hang in there!!!

Lindsey said...

Aww friend, if I lived closer I would totally dog sit!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

even in the seemingly little things...

what a blessing that the Lord has brought you and your husband together to support each other during whatever comes your way.

Have a wonderful and stress-free vacation!

Megan said...

Things will get better..sorry to hear you've been in a constant state of stress! Glad you all found someone to watch the dogs!

Sweet Simplicity said...

What a great husband! I hope things slow down for you and that you can enjoy your vacation!

Summer said...

Just found your blog, but already I like ya!

I'm completely the same way, I get all worked up thinking the world is going to end, eat of bnch of chocolate, and cry...and then everything works out.

And I have gained 10 pounds and Jimmy is just sitting there relaxed with a smile on his face.

=)

Joey said...

glad I can make you feel better babe. you have no idea the stress relief you are to me :) ... guess we're made for each other!

Grand Pooba said...

Husbands are a god send!

Isabelle said...

I know it's hard but you just have to have faith! I'm happy you both can lean on each other!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict