A LOT can happen in 4 months...

Friday, July 10, 2009

If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, then you know that last night I went to see my favorite hairstylist. I knew it had been way too long since I had seen her, but I wanted her to check the schedule and tell me exactly when I came last.

MARCH 16!! Almost 4 months people!!!

Granted, I tried to get in about a month ago, but she is so freaking good that when you call for an appointment, you had better call 4-6 weeks before you need it, not when you're about pull a Sinead O'Connor and decide that bald is in.

So I had my appointment, now I just had to wait out the horrible roots that were letting the entire world in on my secret.

I'm not blond. *GASP*

This is what I looked like last weekend. Try to ignore the huge zit on my chin. It's the hair, people. That's what we're looking at here.

She always does such a fabulous job on my color. AND, she puts up with me telling her, every time I see her, "I'm kind of bored with my hair. Do you have any fabulous ideas?"

I really like my hair, but you know when you just feel like you've been doing the same thing for forever? That' show I felt. I didn't want to cut it, and after much chatting we decided that it was my swoopy bang that was the culprit. While I love it - and Joey adores it too - I have been wearing that swoopy bang for what seems like the better part of my ENTIRE LIFE.

So we did this.

What do you think? They're called "curtain bangs". There's not a defined part in the middle, and they're not just straight down. And we played it safe... she cut them so I could also swoop them to the side if I got home and freaked out (or if Joey freaked out - he's very involved with my hair. LOL).

When I first got home, the kids said I looked weird, Ashton asked me if was going to keep them like that, and Joey looked at me like I had broken an unspoken "hair law" and then went jogging.

Wow.

But, when Joey got home, after I had messed with my hair a bit, he said he really liked it. Yippee! And this morning, Ashton said I looked pretty. Taylor was still out on his verdict.

So tell me, do you like?



15 comments:

Isabelle said...

OK I had to stare at the pic to find the zit!!!

Your hair looks amazing, very mordern and the color is great! Good call

Running In Stilettos said...

Hey girl! I just sent you an email but I'm not sure it went through.

You don't have to live here to take a TRX class. Go to www.fitnessanywhere.com and you will find oodles of info about the exercises and where classes are offered.

It is an awesome workout and they have specific exercises for sports too...improve running, tennis, golf, etc...

Email me if you have any other questions!

Tina said...

I like it! In the Before pic you look more like your daughter...yet in the After pic you look more youthful somehow...if that makes sense.

Joey said...

I think you are beautiful both ways, but it's kinda cool to see the "new" you :)

BellaCene said...

Oh I just love that shade of blonde!! And the cut is fabulous :) I love the bangs and it's great that she was able to give you a style that you can go back and forth with. Great stylist!

Lauren said...

I love love love the curtain bangs! It makes me want to get some!

blessedmomto7 said...

Girl you're HOT any way you slice it! LOVE IT!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

First: your hilarious! love your humor (I'm sure I 've said that before!)

2nd: even though you may really want a definite, one or the other type answer-you really are gorgeous any which way you do your do! honest!

(and it's really nice to have your family's thumb's up :o)

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

You look gorgeous always, but I can completely relate. I have had my long blond hair the same way forever. We live in NC and my hairdresser is in WI so I don't do anything to my hair for about 2 years...seriously. Guess what...next week, I'm seeing her but I am nervous to change it. I LOVE your bangs but I pull my hair back all the time and think it might mess up the "fix my hair in 30 seconds" look. :)
YEs, how superficial of me to come out of lurking to comment on your hair. :)

John Deere Mom said...

I think it is SO cute! It looks so natural and pretty and fun!

Sugar Mommy said...

LOVE!
I have the same bangs!

GapGirl said...

Just stopping by to say "Hi." Your hair looks great
XoxoGapGirl

Life at the White House said...

VERY cute! I too want a change as I feel like I've had the same hairstyle since I was 7. I just don't know if I'm daring enough to try anything different?! The bangs look great on you though!

BrnEyedGal said...

I think it looks fabulous!!! LOVE the bangs... :)

Megan said...

I reallllly like it! :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict