Jillian... and the debate with my husband.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Last night, Joey and I were at dinner - having a tiny little celebration of sorts - when Joey asked me what happened at the end of "The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All."

Yes, he watches with me. I have watched countless hours of Comedy Central and The History Channel, so he owes me, right? Besides, he likes it. :)

Anyway, we got to talking about Jillian and who we thought she should choose, when Joey blurted out, "Well I think she should choose Ed. They just go together. I mean, Jillian is ethnic and so is Ed."

I almost spit my margarita across the table.

Ethnic? Jillian? Are you kidding me? She's white as can be! I mean, she's tan, but that's far from ethnic! And Ed? Could he be any whiter? Did you see his parents? They were straight out of Whitesville!

I was seriously dying laughing! Joey just insisted that they were both ethnic. And although he couldn't pinpoint Jillian's ethnicity, he was convinced that Ed is Hispanic. I'm still laughing about this.

Then we brought our waitress into it. She agreed with me that Jillian didn't look ethnic, but said Ed was more ethnic than Jillian, but not really ethnic.

And here's the kicker - our waitress was blond-haired and blue-eyed, and in her argument that people don't have to look ethnic to be ethnic, she told us that she was 1/3 Hispanic. 1/3? How does that happen? This only made us laugh harder.

And lest anyone think this post is racist in any way, I am not racist. I swear. I married a cute Hispanic man.... who doesn't look ethnic at all, right?

So, what do you think? Ethnic or not? And who do you think Jillian should choose? Will Reed be back and will she choose him?


12 comments:

Jenny.Lee said...

OMG that is hilarious! I am gonna have to side with you on this one. ;)

Tara Gibson said...

haha, this is funny. I agree with you. Jillian nor ed look ethnic to me!

Joey said...

why don't you shut your mouth when you talk to me! they both have dark features... that's all I meant! you didn't have to go and blog about it! and what's with that pic of me? has nothing to do with anything :)

Joey said...

EVERYONE PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG FOR THE TRUTH.
http://fitjoey44.blogspot.com/

THE Stephanie said...

Oh now it's blog wars???

And the pic of you was simply showing how un-ethnic (and hot) you look.

Point made.

Megan said...

Haha, I definitely don't think she is ethnic!

Christyrenee said...

LOL!! That is so funny!!! I agree, Jillian and Ed are not ethnic, lol. We've seen both sets of parents and none of them look ethnic either. Def funny though!! My husband watches the show too and he likes it as well ;)

jen + ryan said...

thats histerical! i love the 1/3 hispanic comment! :)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

You guys are too funny!

Staci said...

too bad broseph is a bean and cheeser....hes only half so of course he doesnt look ethnic....so maybe they have SOME ethnicity...like your waitress....haha

Life at the White House said...

awesome conversation - something we totally would do! and 1/3 hispanic? how does that happen?

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

just have to say...
...this is why I love following your blog!

You all are hilarious! (I'm sitting alone in front of our computer...cracking up!)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict