Stay-cation with the cousins

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Yesterday, my aunt and cousins, along with their kiddos, all came into town for a short get-away at a local resort. This is the second year that they've done this and we've made it a point each year to make our own (very brief) stay-cation out of the event.

I took half a day off work yesterday, grabbed the kids and our swimsuits and drove out to meet them for an afternoon of fun.

See!!


I grew up vacationing at my Aunt and Uncle's house and I have always been close with my cousins. My kids absolutely adore my Aunt and my cousins and the kids get along so well. It's so much fun to see my kids doing the same things that I did when I was growing up.

This is the newest baby in the family, Derek. He's my oldest cousin, Lauren's newest, and he is the sweetest little boy ever!!

Every evening around the pool, the resort builds a fire in the fire pit and cooks s'mores. A big hit with the kids and the adults! :)

Of course, Taylor had his without chocolate...


Not Ashton though... I'm sure hers had double chocolate!


After dinner and s'mores, we all went to a big grassy area where they were showing an outdoor movie and serving popcorn. So fun!


Now this is priceless - for multiple reasons. One, just because Ashton and Derek are TOO cute! And two? Well, two because earlier in the day Derek pooped on Ashton. It was quite hilarious to me and Lauren. Not so funny to Ashton at that time, but I guess she had forgotten about that by now because she just couldn't wait to hold him again.


This is Berkeley, Bethany's youngest (my youngest cousin). She was having quite a time with Ashton during the movie. She was having more fun getting Ashton to help her put on Cameryn's shoes (Lauren's oldest) than she was watching the movie.

Ashton didn't mind, as you can see.

We had so much together and stayed up way too late! And we're going back today!


7 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

A stay-cation? That's awesome! You all look so cute in your swimming suits and the movie outside is such a fun idea!

Your son and daughter are adorable. Can't believe your son won't eat chocolate, but I guess his sister makes up for that so I can forgive him. ;)

Isabelle said...

They are soooo cute! I have never had smores... They look so good! I have to put that on the list...

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Awe, sounds like so much fun and looks like so much fun!

Caroline said...

I can't get over how cute these are! Looks like you guys had a ball!

Joey said...

HOLD EVERYTHING! Izzy has never had smores??? that's just not right at all...

yeah, and the fact that Taylor doesn't like chocolate is just wrong. WRONG I TELL YOU!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

aww those pics are so cute (and you look gorgeous=))! and the outdoor movie is so much fun!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

I love that word "Stay-cation" haha Really! I will need to remember that.

Wish that my family were close enough for a stay-cation (dad-WI, lil sis-MN, bro-CA, our grown bambinos-KY)

or wish my hubby's family from Hawaii (no take that back, wish WE were in Hawaii to have a stay-cation!)

Here's to your family and many more "stay-cations"!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict