She finally did it!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sunday afternoon, while Joey and Taylor were getting their haircut, Ashton decided she wanted to get her ears pierced.

This is not the first time she's made this decision, yet she has no holes in her ears.

The last time we went to the store, I completed the paper work, she sat in the chair, and then FREAKED OUT! We sat there for probably 20 minutes with me trying to talk her off a ledge. She wanted to do it but was so afraid the pain would be equivalent to having her arm amputated with a butter knife. I tried to tell her it wouldn't hurt any worse, or any longer, than a shot, but obviously I have no credibility with my daughter.

We left with no earrings.

So Sunday when she informed me of her decision, I was less than convinced. But we had nothing else to do while the boys were getting their haircut, so off we went.

She picked out her earrings and hopped up the chair.


The associate marked her ears and told Ashton not to look at her (while she was preparing the "gun").

Ashton wasn't freaking out at all. I held her hand - for my own comfort, I guess.

When the associate pierced her first ear, Ashton did not even flinch. I almost passed out. Not from the ear piercing, but because my baby girl was so brave! I couldn't believe it! They did the other ear and we were all done. It was over.

(I know, you're all wondering where the earring is. I promise it's there. It's a cute little, expensive, pink flower.)

No flinching. No crying. Nothing. Just beautiful earrings in my 9 year olds ears.

And $40 out of my wallet.





(PS - Mawmaw, under penalty of death DO NOT say anything to Ashton about this. She wants to tell everyone herself, but I couldn't not post about it. My baby girl got her ears pierced!)

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Awwww so sweet! I was about her age when I got my ears pierced, fun!

Jenny.Lee said...

Good for her!

Miss Anne said...

Such a monumental moment in a little girls life!

:) yay for her!

...Mrs. Southern Bride... said...

So sweet!

Isabelle said...

I got mine pierced at 9 as well! My parents didn't want before lol. She got a pink flower??? The only option we had were the ugly golden studs

Sweet Simplicity said...

I don't remember getting my first holes, but I did the second holes at 14. I freaked out. She is much braver than me!!

MamaMia said...

Wow! My 6 year old wants earrings, but not the piercing. I'm thinking she'll be ready at about age 9 or 10 too.

How exciting! And how brave!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Definitely Brave!

Thankfully I had mine pierced as a baby (cant remember a single thing!) and the reason why I put my girls through it when they were 5 months (the girls at the place my second daughter had hers done, did both ears at the same time...poor thing)

But they dont remember any of it either.

And I am still a chicken! so this is why I am just fine with the set of earring holes I have... no more piercings, no tattoos, cuz no back bone when it comes to pain. (How did I ever give birth to 3 kids and no pain meds?...but by the grace of God!)

That is so exciting!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict