Father's Day Recap

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day started early this year, which for me was just fine!

On Wednesday night we were child-less, so Joey and I went to the gym and then stopped by Lowe's to check out the grills. We've had our grill since we first got married, and when Joey tries to use it, it usually results in cursing and unevenly cooked food. So I thought it was time for a new one.

And who can resist looking at this, anyway??


The food's not bad either. :)

Then on Friday, my parents came over for dinner to celebrate an early Father's Day and Joey grilled some amazing steaks. We hung out with my parents for a while, ate cherry pie, talked politics, but no Wii bowling... Next time mom, I promise!

Love you Daddy!!

Then on Sunday, we went to Joey's moms house to eat lunch with his grandparents and guess what? Joey cooked ribs on the grill! Are you sensing a theme??

It's really his own fault for being so dang good at grilling. But I don't mind. I just take one for the team.

Then we spent the afternoon at the pool. Because what else can you do when it's 105 degrees in the shade?


Later that evening, the kids insisted on serving Joey dinner in bed (who knows, but we're happy to oblige...) so they did. Aren't they cute?

(They didn't serve him the beer that's on the nightstand, though. He got that himself. I'm not raising little bartenders. No worries.)

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a great Father's Day!



5 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

Wow, you can't just post that bod all nonchalant! He deserves a BBQ, heck he deserves 2! LOL

And I think you just passed up a great idea, make the kids your own person bartenders! Come on, I've tried it with my dog but he just can't make those pina coladas like the hubs can :)

Lindsey said...

The picture of the kids serving Joey dinner in bed is so stinkin cute!!! What a fun day!=)

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Too precious! What an awesome Father's Day!

Isabelle said...

lol me and my sisters used to fight to bring my dad his scotch when he got home from work!!!

And Joey, are you BBQing in your driveway??

Joey said...

Izzy - yes, that's my drive way. It's because the sun sets on the back side of my house and I was tired of grilling in a bazillion degrees and no shade!


Steph, thanks for helping me relax on Father's day!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict