Could my momma's boy be any more like his daddy?

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Last night when Joey got home with the kids, Taylor saw a baseball nightlight sitting on the counter and asked Joey if he bought it for him.

Joey replied, "No, momma bought that for you a while back but never gave it to you because you don't use a nightlight."

Taylor went on about his business and started watching cartoons.

Not two minutes later he walked up to Joey and asked, "Daddy where did that nightlight come from?"

Joey said, "Taylor, I just told you! Momma bought that for you a while back!"

To which Taylor replied, "You didn't tell me that!"

Now, fast forward a few hours to right before bed time. Taylor asked Joey for a bowl of cereal and asked if we had Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Joey told him we did and to go sit down at the table.

When Joey placed Taylor's bowl of cereal in front in him, Taylor, completely shocked, questioned, "We have Cinnamon Toast Crunch? I didn't know we had Cinnamon Toast Crunch!"

Joey laughed and said, "Taylor, I just told you we had Cinnamon Toast Crunch!"

Taylor quickly replied, "No you didn't! You must have said that in your head!"

By now, I'm in the bedroom about to pee my pants I'm laughing so hard and I yell out to Joey, "HE'S YOUR SON!" because I can not tell you how many times Joey has done this to me. There aren't numbers that go that high! I talk, he doesn't hear me, and then he swears that I say these things in my head!!

I'm already beginning to pray for Taylor's sweet (future) wife, who will undoubtedly have a lifetime of "saying things in her head."



4 comments:

Aubrey said...

I believe this is every man. For some reason God made men this way. I believe it is to drive us crazy. Why, why when men know they don't listen do they still insist that it is us to blame. We must have not told them if they don't remember. Ahhh, gotta love them.

Blogalicious Designs said...

apparently even though we arent REALLY related he takes after his uncle loalbo....

Joey said...

what? did you say something?

Grand Pooba said...

How funny! If I tell my husband anything while the TV on, it's a given that he will not hear me!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict