And you thought you knew me....

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I was tagged by Maria at Personalized Sketches and Sentiments (one of our recent blog designs) to play along and list 10 things you may not know about me. So let's see if I can come up with 10... ha!

  1. I pretty much can not go to sleep unless South Park or Family Guy is on TV. I don't like either of those shows, but if Joey is watching anything else (especially the History channel - UGH!), it gives me a sudden case of insomnia.
  2. When I was 3 (maybe 4) I was singing in the children's choir program at my church. I got hot, so I performed my first, and only, strip-tees by taking my choir robe off in front of the entire church and sat down on the stage.
  3. When I was 4, I broke my arm skating. I was good. But that ended my professional career.
  4. I could eat Mexican food all day, every day, for the rest of my life.
  5. I could drink chile con queso. With a side of chips.
  6. I absolutely love going to Playa del Carmen, Mexico with Joey. It's my favorite place on earth.
  7. Joey and I were married for a whole month when I found out I was pregnant with Ashton. Her due date was 10 months - to the day - from our wedding date.
  8. I am a total freak about Christmas. The day after Thanksgiving all the decoration MUST go up - lights on the house, the tree comes out, the house gets decorated, everything! But, the day after Christmas it all comes down. I can't take it anymore.
  9. I can't sit still. This drives Joey nuts, but I have to be doing something all the time. I can't help it, I'm my mother's daughter.
  10. Family and friends are the most important things to me. I would rather be with my family and/or friends in any capacity than anything else. Whether it's a date with my husband, an afternoon at the pool with my kids, dinner at my parents, vacation at my favorite aunt's house, out with friends - whatever. There is nothing that is more important to me than my husband, kids, family and friends. I love them dearly!
Now... tell me about you! What is it that I don't know?? Wanna play along?



12 comments:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

haha! Love it!!! Like I said on my post-I love the way you look at things! I'm cracking up as I comment here.

Thanks for giving your 10!

(now, I gotta get off this computer and get back to drawing!!! for goodness sakes!!!)

Sweet Simplicity said...

I could eat mexican food everyday too. I love it! Unfortunately, Ty does not feel the same way.

Lindsey said...

Ditto on #8! And I could eat Mexican everyday too! Fun post!!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Love it! I could eat Mexican food all day as well.

Grand Pooba said...

Oh my gosh, your 3 year old strip tease is hillarious! I bet your parents were so proud!

BrnEyedGal said...

I am a total Christmas freak myself...I have been since I was young!! (I get it from my Mom) But we HAVE to decorate the day after too...
And the xmas music begins that day as well!!! All xmas ALL THE TIME!!! LOL

Im the same about food but its Italian for me....

Love your blog...have a great day! :)

...Mrs. Southern Bride... said...

I love mexican food!!! :) Can't beat chips and chili con queso! :)

Megan said...

I like that! Very funny that you stripped down in church! I am with you on the mexican food..ohhhh <3 <3

John Deere Mom said...

I love these! Mexican food is awesome. I can't sit still either. I do my Christmas decorating the exact same way! But the flippin' TV better be off when I am trying to go to sleep! ;)

Joey said...

wow, I had no idea about the stripping at church...

and I'm not sure I remember you telling me that you broke your arm skating... I better get you some pads for this weekend!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

what a fun list! mmmm love mexican and con queso too!

Tara Gibson said...

i love love love mexican food

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict