Shamu almost made him throw up.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

We took the kids to Sea World on Sunday. It was such a beautiful day, but not quite warm enough for the water park.

Trust me, this took much convincing on our part because if there is a bright yellow ball in the sky, the kids think it's warm enough for water activities. Until they actually get wet. Then it's a different story.

Anyway... I had high hopes of this being the year that we would ride roller coasters as a family and have tons of fun. After all, Taylor is taller and I knew he would meet the height requirements.

This was our year...

... to ride the kiddy coasters, again. Taylor absolutely refused to ride anything but the Shamu roller coaster - which actually almost made him puke on the first turn - and this...

And this one, he rode over, and over, and over again. I stood there and watched him ride this at least 10 times in a row. But I couldn't hold it against him. He was having so much fun. Laughing, smiling, running back in line.

What's a momma gonna do? But sit and wait...

My baby girl on the other hand, she wants to ride anything that doesn't go upside down. She even got me (ME!) on the Journey to Atlantis - which got me soaking wet. UGH!

Hi, my name is Stephanie. Just in case we haven't met.

Then she was off with daddy to ride the real coasters while I was watching Taylor go round and round on the same ride.

Here she is waiting in line for the Steel Eel. ( So beautiful, right?)

We had a great time and can't wait to use our passes for "free" summer fun!



4 comments:

Isabelle said...

Looks like you had a great day! The kids are adorable!

Grand Pooba said...

Oh man, I love all rides! I'm like a little kid when it comes to rollercoasters. My husband on the other hand hates them! I can't get him to go near one! You guys a lucky to have those passes, have fun!

Mimi Elise said...

Sounds fun!

Mighty M said...

What fun! I learned a long time ago that if I get on a water ride with 20 other people, I'M the one who is going to get soaked! So, I avoid them. But someday I will suck it up for my kids too. ;-)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict