Rock, Paper, Scissors. How we make the important decisions.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Last night, the family was sitting down to a very yummy dinner that the hubs had made. (Love.Him.) Ashton had been waiting until dinner time, when we were a captive audience, to make her grand announcement... She made a 100 on her math TAKS test!!

Joey and I are so proud of her! I mean, we know she is smart, she's in Gifted and Talented (ALPHA), and just overall brilliant, but GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY! A 100 on the TAKS??

That's my girl!!

So we were discussing exactly what we were going to do this weekend to reward her academic excellence when Ashton declared that she wanted to go to her favorite amusement part - Sea World. That's when I had to tell her that I didn't think we'd be able to swing that this weekend because daddy has a commitment in the middle of the afternoon on Saturday that could last a while and then on Sunday, there is a mandatory parent meeting for her summer camp from 2-4 in the afternoon.

Well Joey, Father of the Year, came up with a fabulous suggestion. Wanna hear it? Of course you do!

Joey said, "It's ok Ashton, one of us will go to the parent meeting and the other one will take you kids to the pool for the afternoon, then we'll meet up for dinner at your favorite restaurant!"

Awe. What a great dad, right? WRONG! Yeah, I'm no dummy! I knew exactly what he meant by that. So what did I say?

"That's a great idea honey! I'll take the kids to the pool while you go to the parent meeting!"

To which Joey quickly replied, "No way! You're going to the parent meeting!"

After a brief convo at the dinner table about how I went last year by myself, Ashton spoke up and suggested a quick game of Rock, Paper, Scissors to end this here and now. Which I thought was a great idea.

Of course, when my paper covered Joey's rock, he thought it was the lamest decision making tool ever.

Sorry, babe. I'll be thinking of you, though, while I'm laying by the pool.


*PS - Joey actually is Father of the Year. He has the t-shirt to prove it. Any remarks above are strictly for comedic purposes.



10 comments:

Megan said...

haha.. Enjoying baking in the sun! :)

...Mrs. Southern Bride... said...

Haha, that's a great story.

Just stumbled on your blog... :)

Enjoy the pool!

Megan said...

LOL! Thats hillarious! What a good way to solve problems, the rock, paper, scissors method!

Joey said...

cheater.

Lindsey said...

Haha, so funny!! You two are the cutest parents!

Grand Pooba said...

Ha! Rock paper scissors works every time!

Isabelle said...

LOL that's hilarious! I also use thumb fighting to en a debate!

Sweet Simplicity said...

This is too FUNNY!! It put a big ole smile on my face. I can just see the hubs and I solving problems this way.

Jenny.Lee said...

haha that is fantastic!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Too funny! You can't argue with Rock, Paper, Scissors!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict