Protected

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Has there ever been a time in your life where you know God protected you?

There are a two MAJOR times that come to mind for me - one of which was this morning.

So I'm driving to work in the middle lane of a 5 lane highway, driving the speed limit, minding my own business, and listening to my favorite morning show. My exit is coming up so I turn my blinker on, move over one lane and wait for an opening to move over again - when all of the sudden a big truck (who had just moved into the lane I needed to be in) decided he didn't want to be in that lane anymore, he wanted to be in my lane. ON TOP OF MY JEEP!

I had absolutely no other choice than to jerk immediately to the left to avoid him just driving right on top of me.

Thank You, Lord, for going before me and clearing the traffic in the lane to the left of me. Thank You for stabilizing my Jeep and keeping it from flipping - because I jerked it THAT hard - and causing the kind of accident you only see on the nightly news. Thank You for having both of my hands on the steering wheel at that moment. Thank You that I wasn't on my cell phone.

Thank You, God for your constant protection. You continue to amaze me...



11 comments:

Isabelle said...

And that is why I love him so much! I'm really glad you're ok.

Mimi Elise said...

Thats amazing!

Joey said...

did you get the license plate or a partial?

geez, glad you are ok! now, I wanna go kick his arse!

probably one of those guys with a big truck with fake balls hanging off the back bumper, cuz his are too small or missing all together!

Sweet Simplicity said...

That is so scary! I'm glad you are okay. Great post!

blessedmomto7 said...

God is good my friend!

Totally_Toni said...

Oh my gosh that's so scary. I am glad you are okay!

Blogalicious Designs said...

well, im glad your alive...what would i do with out you?

Lo said...

oh good lord thank goodness you're okay. i had an accident EXACTLY like this two years ago.... i hit the median going 70 mph. someone was going to hit me so i swerved and i wasn't as lucky... but bc i only clipped another car, i spun out and went head first into a cement wall. but guess what? i only broke a teeny tiny bone in my hand.... nothing else. how lucky is that????

mama's smitten said...

OMG, I'm glad your okay! God is Good!

Tara Gibson said...

oh my!! that sounds so scary! I am glad you are ok!!

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh, this exact same thing happened to me last week!!! God was def protecting us, glad you're ok!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict