Oh, the things I'd do...

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

... if I were in charge. Can you imagine??

I certainly can!

  1. The sun wouldn't rise until around 6:30 am... M-F. After all, the workday would only be 10am-3pm. This allows for plenty of lounging around, eating breakfast, drinking coffee, and getting the kids ready, with NO need to rush. Aaaahhhh.... so refreshing.
  2. On the weekends, it would be illegal for anything to begin before 10am. Dang those 8am volleyball games.
  3. And while I'm at it... Monday thru Friday?? No, the work week is now Monday thru Thursday, with a 3 day weekend - every week! (C'mon, we do have to work sometime!)
  4. The toilet seat would automatically close after men use it, because God knows they are incapable of putting that dang seat down on their own.
  5. Cooking anything would actually reduce the calorie, fat, and carb count, but never the taste.
  6. Any amount of physical exertion would burn 10 times the amount of calories it did before I was in charge.
  7. Any time you go shopping and find something cute on the rack, it would look even cuter when you try it on.
  8. No more fluorescent lighting. Ever.
  9. We would all have a natural tan.
  10. I would give every woman the Electrolux Wave-Touch Washer and Dryer. Because it will wash and dry a load of laundry in 36 minutes. That's the closest I can get to the laundry doing itself.







19 comments:

Jenny.Lee said...

Oh how I wish you were in charge!

sassy stephanie said...

I vote you in!!!

I have the front loaders and man how I LOVE them. If only I had a personal laundry folder and put-away-er.

Isabelle said...

Where do I sign???? OK # 4 exists and I have it lol. My washer broke last week so I'm definitely with you on # 10 and AMEN to # 7! I hate it when it looks good on the rack and looks like a garbage bag on me!!!

Joey said...

women need to quit complaining about the toilet seat. just as men can put it up, you can put it down. why should it be all on us. we could just as easily turn this whole thing around as say "why don't women put the toilet seat up after they use it?"

Mighty M said...

Nice! You've got my vote!!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Let's start promoting you as world leader! I would love to have one of those washer and dryers. And the toilet thing--AAAGGHHH!

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a plan!

Jessie said...

Oh I would love it with you in charge! I like your rules! :)

Miss Anne said...

that picture is by far my favorite picture of the day in blogland! :)

i'm glad i'm not the only one who falls in love with appliances!

:) great list my dear!

happy day to you!

Grand Pooba said...

You and that washer were meant to be together, I can tell!

I agree, give me the automatic tan!

Nicole said...

I just happened to come across your blog. I love it and am following you. Check out my blog and if you like what you see follow me!
http://www.thechroniclesofnicole.blogspot.com

Lo said...

dude, i TOTALLY would join your club. totally. even if there was a fee. laundry in 36 minutes AND burning 10x the amount i do now??? dude. you SO have my vote as prez.

Rachel said...

Oh I soooo want you to be in charge!!! Love your rules!

PS Joey is kinda right on the toilet seat...too funny!

Joey said...

thank you Rachel. you are the only one who even mentioned my logical thinking!

amy (metz) walker said...

You definitely need to be in charge...I've been saying the 3 day weekend thing would be a lot more fair for a loooong time!

Mimi Elise said...

Wow, sounds good to me!

blessedmomto7 said...

OH the ELECTROLUX-every moms dream!

AprilMarie said...

I love number 4! I definitely have to agree with you. Wouldn't that just be awesome! As well as the last one. 36 minutes beats an hour and a half any day! Especially when I have somewhere to be and I start laundry at the last minute (which I'm known to do...).

Love your blog. Such a cute family! I just started mine a couple weeks ago. It's such an interesting world!

Vern ~ Inspired said...

I vote for you and want #10!!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict