Mother's Day Recap

Monday, May 11, 2009

We celebrated Mother's Day on Friday evening with my mom. With all of the moms (my mom, Joey's mom, both of our grandmother's, ME!) being in town, it makes for a pretty crowded Mother's Day, so this year, I thought we'd spread it out a bit.

I invited my parents over for dinner and actually cooked. I know, shocking, right? Well, I love my mom that much! We had a nice relaxing evening and I really enjoyed the time I got to spend with my momma.


Sunday was jam packed! Joey and I sang and played at the Downtown campus so we were up at the crack of dawn to get to rehearsal and then on for both services. Then we hauled it over to Joey's grandma's for lunch and cake, and then it is was straight home for a 3, yes 3 hour nap!

It was fabulous!!

Then Joey took me and the kids to SoLuna for dinner and it was yum-yum-yummy!

Took these cute pics at the restaurant. Aren't the flowers gorgeous?



Then, of course, Taylor had to play it up for the camera.




I love these kids!

I hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing Mother's Day that included absolutely not one single ounce of laundry. :)



6 comments:

Mimi Elise said...

aww! cute pics!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Sounds like a great Mother's Day weekend!

blessedmomto7 said...

Gorgeous pic of you and the kids ;) I did laundry-BECAUSE I'M OBSESSED not because I wanted to :)

Rachel said...

Hey...great pics!!! But I did laundry???? Glad to hear you had a great time!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Glad you had a great mother's day!

Liz said...

What a great day! Your family is just so cute!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict