I think I'll take up running (and MHR Friday)

Friday, May 22, 2009

I've been doing the 30 Day Shred, but got really irritated with it a couple days back, so the day before yesterday I decided i would head back to the gym for a run.

You can read about my first attempt here.

Yesterday, though, I had a great run! Seriously! I think I channeled Forest Gump! (Well, sort of...)

I ran for 30 minutes straight, 2.25 miles, and I felt great! I'm seriously thinking that I may turn into a runner - which is something I've always wanted to do, but never thought I would.

I was on a high all night long - so proud of myself!

Now don't burst my bubble... I know it's not that great, but for me, it was like completing a marathon! LOL. And on top of that, my legs are sore, my abs are sore, and I feel fabulous! I'm looking forward to my next run to see what I can do.

Wish me luck!

Happy 3 day weekend everyone!!




PS - My hubby DOES rock today, but I can't share too much. Joey, you know that I'm so proud of you and can't wait to see exactly what happens. As I said before, you're my rock, my hero, and my best friend.

Congratulations!! I love you with all my heart!


11 comments:

Liz said...

Good for you on the running! I've been trying to start back up, not easy in the heat. But keep on... 2 1/2 miles is no small fete!

Mighty M said...

Nice job! Hope your shin splints aren't too horrible!! The soreness just means your muscles are getting stronger (at least, that's what I tell myself!). ;-)

Miss Anne said...

YOU rock! :)

have a great weekend too!

(p.s. check out my giveaway!)

Grand Pooba said...

I love that feeling you get after a good work out! I love being sore too, it's a GOOD kind of sore. Ok, I need to get my ass to the gym, you've inspired me!

Lauren said...

I need to motivat myself to run. I am so lame.

Joey said...

hmmm, maybe we can go running together this weekend on the trails behind the house... :)

sassy stephanie said...

While you are on a runner's high ( which, BTW, I SO believe in), you should sign up for a marathon. Or at least a half. I was challenged a few years ago and man, how it changed my life. Never thought I would be one of "those" people. Run a marathon? Who, me???

Now, my FAVE race is a 50K. Totally changed how I look at things....if I can run 26.2, I can do ANYTHING! Anyhoo, do it. It was by far, one of the BEST things I've ever done for myself. Only, don't do SA as your first. It sucks. Hot and hilly. Come to Houston and do a flat course. It is an accomplishment that will put you on cloud 9 for at least a week.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

yay awesome job running!! i can't wait to get going again after the bebe (i was never a "runner" until 6 months before BabyBoy=))! keep it up girl!=) have a great weekend!

Familia Rosales said...

I agree with sassy Stephanie, sign up for a marathon or a half marathon! I did my first one last year, and I'm hooked :) I live in SA too, so I train with Run Gear Run. Their program started today! You can try the first three weeks for free to see if you like it or not. I know it seems like a lot, but over six months it really isn't. For the half marathon you start off running two miles, and three for the full. It's an awesome program.

If that feels like too much for right now, just keep running! This time last year I was running twelve minute miles... now I can run a mile in just over nine minutes! You can do it! I'll warn you though, once you start you can't stop!

Tara Gibson said...

congrats! running is the best thing in the world, i actually did a post about it! haha.

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

That's a great accomplishment! Congratulations!!!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict