Weekend update

Monday, April 27, 2009

Friday afternoon, I opened up my wallet and handed over my debit card and pin # to the nice little lady at the orthodontists' office.

Well, it didn't go exactly like that, but honestly, I'm not sure why I don't just cut out the middle men - you know, the people that give me my paycheck? - and just have them mail it directly to M & M Orthodontics.

Before
I even have dental coverage, but really, I'm not sure why they bother. An $1800 lifetime maximum?? Have they checked the prices on orthodontic work since 1967? I'm thinking, no.

After

And in other weekend news, Saturday night, one of these precious braces - that should be gold plated - popped right off my baby girls tooth. I could see the money literally floating away.

Ok, not literally. But it's sad. Very sad.

I will not darken the doors of Old Navy or Target for a very. long. time. They will surely be sending out search parties for me.

And just for your viewing pleasure, here is Taylor, who now likes to catch up on his morning news... in Vietnamese.


Happy Monday, y'all!



8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh that pic of Taylor is priceless!!!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Oh braces! Gotta love the price.

Mighty M said...

Love the braces!! Don't love replacing them though - hope there are no further ortho disasters!

Liz said...

She looks so cute in them! My sympathies on the cost though, it's so outrageous!

Lo said...

yeah, as i became an adult, i finally appreciated getting braces. as a teen? hated it! now? THANK YOU MOM.

Lo said...

oh and they pop off like crazy. i'm sorry. it's true. good luck!!!!!!

Grand Pooba said...

Why does she look so sad in the second pic? OH, the braces.

I hated having braces! And geez their expensive!

Cute last pic!

PorkStar said...

But your daughter will thank you for that when she's an adult.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict