Like mother, like daughter

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I went to wake Ashton up for school this morning and found her asleep, in bed, with her cell phone against her ear.

She's 9, people. Let me explain.

A couple of weeks ago, after a lot of complaining that I wasn't waking her up early enough for school, she asked if her phone had an alarm on it. I told it did so she declared that she was going to begin waking herself up with said alarm at 6:15 every morning.

This lasted for 2 days.

But let me tell you, for those 2 days she was downstairs and dressed before I was even out of the shower.

Amazing, I know.

But now? She does exactly what I do. I have two alarms on my phone - one goes off at at 5:30, and one at 5:45. I turn them both off and hope that I get my butt out of bed by 6:00.

Last week, I didn't get out of bed until 7:00.

It was glorious. The extra sleep, that is.

I've never gotten ready for work that fast in my entire life.

Poor Ashton, there's just no hope for her. When I woke her up and moved her phone, she moaned, "but I'm sooooo tired, mom."



7 comments:

Mighty M said...

Haha - A mini me in the making. I love that it was up by her ear!!

Lindsey said...

Aww too cute!

Lo said...

hehehehe. that's me, too- except i go nutso, i have about four! starting at 6am until i get my butt up at 7. sigh.

Isabelle said...

You get up at 7h during the week!!!! You're so lucky!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Too funny! Poor girl!

Sarah said...

First visit to your blog. Cute story!

Grand Pooba said...

Ha! I have to have an alarm clock right by my head which wakes my husband up first so he can wake me up! Maybe I should try this phone thing!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict