A letter to the obnoxious lady at the nail salon

Monday, April 13, 2009

*Don't forget about the upcoming contest on our business site. For details, click HERE.

Dear Ms. Obnoxious,

I was truly enjoying my manicure today. Yes, I had to sneak it into my lunch hour, just like you. But unlike you, I didn't choose to bring my lunch to the nail salon. No, I ate my lunch at my desk like any self-respecting woman would.

But you, you decided it was a good idea to go through the drive-thru of Bill Miller and tote your salad and large sweet tea into the salon and partake of your lunch while indulging in a pedicure. And when you forgot the salt, you didn't hesitate to ask your manicurist if they had some in the back - all while carrying on a very loud conversation on your cell phone.

I could have let this go if you ended the conversation shortly after arriving. But you didn't.

You continued this conversation for my entire manicure. And not at a normal volume. It was as if the other person was in a foreign country. And trust me, I heard the conversation. It wasn't important enough to ruin my peaceful manicure.

And by the way, they have to use those latex gloves. I'm sorry that you're allergic. It's a health code. Is this your first pedicure?

Well maybe it is, because you obviously aren't aware of any kind of salon cell phone etiquette.

And yes, they're talking about you in Vietnamese.




8 comments:

Megan said...

"and yes they're talking about you in Vietnamese." SO TRUE. haha..

mama's smitten said...

Oh my gosh that does sound annoying! Some people?????

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

too funny.

Isabelle said...

Even I eat in the car before walking in and put my phone on vibrate!!!!! Can't stand those people!!!

blessedmomto7 said...

HOW RELAXING!!......NOT!!

Yaya said...

Hahaha! 'And yes, they were talking about you' lol! I so want to learn vietnamese for that very reason.


I have had that happen-obnoxiously loud women during pedicure yaking on her cell phone. So annoying.

I can't believe she asked for salt??

Lace said...

Ugh, aggravating! The only thing that could have made it worse is if she was chewing like an elderly person without their teeth in. You know what I'm talking about?! Eww.

Rachel said...

Love your letter; I would have been extremely annoyed too!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict