Kindergarten. Already?

Thursday, April 9, 2009

*Don't forget about the upcoming contest on our business site. For details, click HERE.

Yesterday I registered Taylor for kindergarten. I have to admit, it was bittersweet.

He's definitely ready, but then again, when one of the kinder teachers was ready to take all the kids around the school for a tour, he absolutely would NOT go without me. Even when I went with him, he would not let go of my hand, wouldn't talk to anyone, and hid behind my leg the whole time.

Thinking about it now brings tears to my eyes.

I mean, he'll be 6 when he starts kinder, but he's still so little. So little in such a big place.

But he's way too smart not to go to school.

Last night at dinner he was telling us all about his Easter candy that he got at school (daycare) and how he was going to share it with all of us. He explained how there were 4 eggs, and 4 of us, so we could each have one. The he went on for about 5 more minutes with all sorts of math and how if one of us didn't want one how he would divide the eggs. Or if 2 of us didn't want any, how he would divide them. And he was right every time.

Simple, I know. But still impressive.

When I told him how impressed I was with his math skills, he told me "yeah, I'm getting smart in my brain."

His kinder teacher will never be at a loss for laughs, that's for sure.


5 comments:

Tara Gibson said...

aww Its amazing how quick kids grow up and I dont have any of my own yet! My niece and nephew surprise me everyday!

daniella said...

Thanks for the comment, but I can't lie - I HATE it. I can't wait till it grows out long again. This experience has been so traumatizing for me that I don't think I'll cut me hair even when I'm a 70 year old wrinkly woman in need of a perm and coif.

Cute blog! I see you and Stacey are partners in crime.

Rachel said...

He is such a cutie!

Becca said...

Aw what a cutie! I feel sad about how fast mine is growing up already and she is only 7 months old!

Mighty M said...

You have a budding braniac on your hands there. Won't make it easier to say goodbye on that first day though.. (sniff, sniff!). I will be dealing with that in a couple years, but I know it will go by so fast!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict