Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

These were the words that Joey spoke at Jerry's funeral yesterday.

Last night I was watching some TV, eating some pizza, and resting after a LONG day at work when Ashton burst into my room with tears streaming down her face. I could hardly understand what she was saying, but I knew.

I knew that Leah or Milo had finally reached their goal. Ashton was a good mother, but as we all know, you can't be there 100% of the time.

Ashton had unfortunately locked Leah in her room yesterday when she left for school. With two mice in a cage.

Now Leah is a great cat, but c'mon. I'm sure she showed self-restraint for as long as possible, but we were gone for 11 hours. What's a cat to do?

Other than knock that cage right off the bookshelf?

I'm sure it was the blunt force trauma that killed poor Jerry. Luckily, Despero survived the fall.

Joey came home just in time to perform the service and Ashton posted a note on the cage that read, "Jerry went to Heaven on April 7, 2009."


Jerry, Leah will miss you. Oh, and Ashton too.


7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Aw so sad!

Isabelle said...

All I got from your post is the word pizza!!!!!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Awe, that is sad!

Rachel said...

Oh no...how is she handling it? Tell her we are sorry.

Sweet Simplicity said...

Poor Ashton! I bet she is so upset!That makes me think that Leah must look like that cat on Cinderella! hehe!

Sweet Simplicity said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sweet Simplicity said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict