"My Husband Rocks" Friday

Friday, March 20, 2009

So last week I went to the gym with Joey. I had forgotten to take my workout stuff with me to work. I usually go right after work, but when I forget my stuff, then I become a complete and total slacker and just won't go. This time, I decided to just go with Joey.

I actually love working out with Joey - for several reasons.
  1. I get to watch him lift ridiculously heavy weights, then put them down and go get my weights for me. This makes laugh - out loud - because I know they must feel light as a feather after what he's just lifted.
  2. I get to laugh at the funny faces he makes when he lifts those ridiculously heavy weights. (Hey, at least he doesn't grunt!)
  3. I get to laugh at all the steroid induced men that think they're so cool, and thank God that my hubby is not one of them.
  4. I get to laugh at the guy that wore those gray 1980's workout shorts and the fanny pack to the gym - and was TOTALLY serious about it.
  5. I get to laugh while Joey is making me do this RIDICULOUS ab workout on the tricep machine because he put so much weight on it that I could barely pull it down. I'm sure it's not because I was laughing....
  6. Oh, and I get the best freaking workout of my life and can't move for the next week.
Yeah, there was a lot of laughing. Joey hates it. He's all serious about his workouts. But he puts up with me... and even smiled once in a while.

Maybe that's why he worked me so hard. To get back at me for all the laughing.

Love you baby!


10 comments:

Joey said...

you should never be laughing that much at the gym!

Isabelle said...

LOL are you talking about weighted crunches???

That is so cute and I'm glad you enjoy working out with you man!

I'm still laughing the fanny pack guy, I think there is at least one of those per gym!!!

Rachel said...

We have a fanny pack guy at our gym too. Good thing Joey lets you work out with him; Johnny won't have it...he gets in a zone and won't allow me to laugh LOL

Lindsey said...

You are so sweet!!

blessedmomto7 said...

Oh, that Joey, he's the best huh? Next to THE CAPTAIN that is :)

Grand Pooba said...

Oh, good times!! There are so many really loud steroid guys in our gym too, it's so hard not to laugh!!

Jenny Gann said...

I know! The MC Hammer pants that are, like, zebra-striped (but in rainbow colors) and the shirts with the sleeves cut out! My husband is a work-out maniac too, and he talks to those guys, and I have to hold my laughter, and it's sooo hard!

sassy stephanie said...

LOL...sounds like my hubs and I working out together. Which, I haven't been able to do in a long time. He gets MEAN though. Teasing me...one more! C'mon..one more! I love it. He's motivating.

Love too when the steriod guys puff their chest out in such an obvious way. One time, I even spit a little water out laughing.

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Hahahaha about number 4. Isn't there at least one of those at every gym? At mine he even has a white man jerry curl!

Megan said...

Oh the people at they gym..David goes to a gym on post and always comes back with great stories..I just stick to the one in our community (I sound like a cult) cause it's close & small & I like it!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict