"My Husband Rocks" Friday

Friday, March 6, 2009


The last week or so has been a little strange.

Joey lost his job about a week and half ago, so there was little bit of stress. But I have to say, Joey was the greatest. The morning he was let go he came straight home and I think he had multiple interviews lined up by that afternoon.

Not to mention he's had dinner on the table every night when I got home from work.

He's steam cleaned the carpet upstairs, cleaned out the playroom (which inadvertently had become just a junk room), made multiple runs to Goodwill, become close friends with Craigslist... I've been spoiled.

But all of this is coming to an abrupt end. Joey accepted a job offer yesterday.

(Pause for screams of joy.)

I can't say that I won't miss the dinners and the clean house. But I will be extremely grateful for the paycheck.

Losing a job is never easy, but Baby, you took it like I've never seen anyone take it before. You're my hero. I mean it.

I love you with all my heart! Wishing you all the best in your new job. You have all my support and respect...

Your wife ~

10 comments:

sassy stephanie said...

I love that he didn't sit around feeling sorry for himself. I despise when people do that. It sounds like his energy is what helped him get another position so quickly. That's great news in the current economy.

blessedmomto7 said...

Joey-too precious!

Jen - Balancing beauty and bedlam said...

Wow - should I let my wonderful unemployed hubby read this? hee heeHis first day at home was on Monday. What does your hubby do? Amazing that he had so many options. Here in Nc, in my hubby's field of finance, the pickings are slim. What a great testimony to the Lord's faithfulness, my friend. :)

Christina said...

That is so awesome! What an amazing husband... where on earth can I find one like that?

Liz said...

I'm so happy he found a job quickly. He's what my mom would call a hard worker. What a gem. :)

Rachel said...

Wooohooo for Joey!!!! Congrats!!!

Joey said...

thanks baby for your support, you're my rock :)

Jenster said...

All happens for a reason.....somehow, someway, you will be able to look back on this hard time
(maybe when you're my age/ha :)
and you will understand why this path was taken. You are such a great woman to be so strong and supportive and the epitamy of what a wife is.

Vern ~ Inspired said...

Praise The Lord for a wise, wonderful husband and God's provision of blessings!

After Spring Break I will email you...I have been in pause mode with my blog...but back rolling and working on some details!

Hugs,
Vern

Lishak said...

Wow! Your hubby has initiative! Sounds like he has been a busy man...job or no job! What a great guy. Glad he's got a job again. :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict