Absolutely infuriating

Saturday, March 28, 2009

I don't know if any of you have heard this story yet, but you HAVE to watch this video. The entire video.



I heard the story on my morning radio show, which is nationally syndicated out of Dallas, TX, where this occurred, and I was so angry I could hardly contain myself.

If this is not video proof of abuse of power, I don't know what is.

Don't get me wrong, I completely support the police and believe that they protect us and for the most part, this doesn't occur. But, this... this is outrageous!! This man should be fired!

Ryan Moats did everything in his power (that we can tell from the video) to be as safe as possible on his way to the hospital to get his wife and other relatives there to see his mother-in-law before she died. Yes, he ran a red light. Yes, that is illegal. Give the man a ticket outside of the hospital room so he can see his MIL BEFORE she dies.

But, this moron decided that it was his obligation to hold these people and then preach to them about their attitudes in this situation.

I'm sorry... but this disgusts me.





7 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

I was so mad when I heard about this story too! That cop is such a jerk!

Rachel said...

I heard this story when I was at the gym and they showed the video; my heart goes out to this family and I hope this officer is taken off the job and given desk duty for his career!!!

Lelia Chealey said...

This too made me so mad..pride is so ugly even in uniform. Just what part of him was serving and protecting that day?

roadrunner201 said...

This really made me angry, too. The good news is that the cop was suspended pending an investigation and the chief of police issued a public apology to the family and expressed how embarrassing it was to the department.

Megan said...

I had to stop watching it.

Isabelle said...

I heard about it on the news and I have no clue how that cop can sleep at night...

Toni said...

GRRRR that makes me soo angry.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict