My Izzy Resolution - UPDATE!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Izzy resolution has been ok... but I must warn you, I'm no Izzy.

I did, however, make great progress yesterday at the gym. You may remember me discussing how I hate going to this new gym because of all the guys and because the women-only workout area is SERIOUSLY under-equipped.

Well, yesterday when I was lifting (don't laugh, I lift! This body don't build itself, as Joey says...), I put my weights down in between my second and third set and this chic totally ganked them!! Right there, at my feet, just totally ganked my weights.

I was all "um, do I look like I was finished with those weights?"

Ok, that was really a conversation that only happened in my head since I'm way too nice to actually say something like that to someone I don't know, but I was TOTALLY thinking it!!

On top of that, there was only one other dumbbell in the weight I needed and I still had one more set. So what did I do? Yeah, you got it, I marched my butt out to the meat locker and ganked one of the weights from the guys - because you KNOW they totally stole it from us at some point! (Or some lame chic took it out there and never brought it back... either way, it was mine!)

So I finished my set and tried to move on. But I couldn't. Know why? Because the weights in the women's workout area - at this point - jump from 3lbs (someone please tell me the purpose for a 3lb. weight????) to 27.5lbs. Now, if I was Izzy, I could have used the 27lb weight to exercise my pinky, but since I'm not, I need some 15lb weights to do my squats.

GRRRR....

So here I go, back out to the meat locker. Straight to the squat rack, baby!! That's right! I was so proud of myself. All I could think about was Izzy's post where she talked about how worried girls are at the gym that their butt is fat! LOL... it made my squats even better!!

Thanks, Izzy!!

I'm not gonna lie, though. I'm a tad worried that Izzy's upcoming visit may result in a ER visit for me. She's hard core. I'm a wimp. Go easy on my Izzy, please. I have children.

**ETA - My legs/butt are SOOOO sore today I can hardly go through the sit/stand motion that is required to get out of my chair and go to lunch. Oh, how I've missed the squat rack!

10 comments:

Isabelle said...

I am so proud of you!!! You know what the guys were saying while you were squatting???? Dannnnnnnnnng check out that hottie! Oh and for the record I'm a whimp! I'm not strong at all!!!

Isabelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Isabelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Isabelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey said...

You go girl!!!

Rachel said...

Your cracking me up!!! I can imagine you looking at that girl who took your weights LOL

Jessie said...

You keep on rockin' it! I totally understand the intimidation factor when it comes to the gym, but you are doing amazing things for yourself and family!
Great job! :)

Joey said...

Izzy, lets not talk about what the guys are saying/thinking about my wife! Yes, she's hot, but I don't want to think about that!

Toni said...

Bahahahahaha I am going to feel the burn starting next week (you like how I keep pushing it back huh) well I really should just go because I always feel better. We don't have a women's only gym but it's okay the guys are usually so busy staring at their own reflections I don't have to worry about it too much well until i start squats anyways LOL

Isabelle said...

First Joey serioulsy, do you really think nobody looks at your wife???? She's HOT and she picked you and think the world of you!!!You should be happy!

And about the girl who stole your weights wath a B***h, I would have had the same convo in my head!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict