Kids. You gotta love 'em.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

When I dropped Taylor off at daycare this morning, I found this in his folder.

My heart melted.



Ashton, on the other hand, is pressing her luck.

The last three times she's had an opportunity to pray, this is how it went:

"Dear Jesus, please make my mommy pregnant."

Which is never an appropriate prayer, but especially at the dinner table (at a friends house), or in the middle of worship rehearsal.

So in light of the prayers of my daughter, would you all join me in prayer and fasting for the next three days? The prayer is very specific and it goes JUST.LIKE.THIS.

"Dear Lord, please keep Stephanie's IUD from failing."

Just repeat that over and over again. I believe strongly in the power of prayer, which is why I am calling on all of you to join me in counter-acting the prayers of my daughter.

If she's the next Beth Moore I'm in serious trouble.

10 comments:

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Oh my gosh! That is the funniest thing ever!

blessedmomto7 said...

OH MY....HILARIOUS SISTER!! I'll pray on Ashton's side :)

Jenster said...

You are silly!!!

Joey said...

yeah, she's grounded for a month if she says it again.

Baird's Blessings said...

To funny! Come on just 1 more for Ashton! She is so cute!

Tiffany Crawford said...

you have ONE praying for another baby...i have FIVE ...yes all five of me and Michael's want us to have another baby! NUTS. NUTS. NUTS. They don't have any idea what being pregnant does to your body. And what diapers and formula do to your budget, and what temper tantrums do to your sanity...and what 11 year old hormones do to your faith.

Isabelle said...

OMG that is HILARIOUS! You've got to love kids!!!

I will pray but I will for sure crack up as I do!!!!

Bell said...

Hello my sweet friends! My name is Vanea Al. Bell and i want to make blogging friends... I love you and i love your family so much! Please take a moment to see my blogs... Are not so beautiful but i write them with love... Please be my friends because i'm filling so alone!... Accept me, please! Bell

Rachel said...

Hilarious!!!! You do know what they say; 3 is a charm!!! I kid you!!! 2 kids is perfect and cheaper than 3!

What a beautiful picture; did you cry?

PorkStar said...

that was funny : )

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict