Birthdays are like boogers

Friday, February 13, 2009

I'm a little late in posting this, but my dad had a birthday last week.

We all got together at my parents place and played a little volleyball. Ashton had to show us how it's done...

Then Taylor stepped in to show us up... sheesh! He looks like a pro!!

Then there's me... yeah, I just stand there and try to look pretty :)



Dad's card from me: "Birthdays are like boogers. The more you have, the harder it is to breathe." (I literally laughed out loud in the card aisle. That's how you know it's a good card.)

I also had to make my dad his favorite cake... it's a bit of a tradition. Yellow cake, chocolate icing. YUM!

Then we had a show... the kids came in and sang Happy Birthday the funniest way I have ever seen. They were hysterical!!


Happy birthday, Daddy! I love you!!

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Awww so sweet!!! That card is hilarious!! The pictures are adorable!

Rachel said...

So sweet and you do look pretty!!!

Lump said...

you are beautiful!! great photos! and looks like your dad had a wonderful b'day!

Grand Pooba said...

What a funny card! Sounds like something I would get my Dad for his bday too!

hipMomma said...

TOO funny.

Liz said...

I ADORE the booger analogy. Amen to that. :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict