Who invented Show & Tell anyway??

Thursday, January 8, 2009

It must be someone with a child who doesn't care about Show & Tell.

Or someone with a child who can take the same stuffed animal every week and be perfectly content.

Or maybe someone who's child's school doesn't even have Show & Tell.

Or possibly someone who doesn't even have a child.

Yes, that must be it.

Because it certainly wasn't someone who has a child with the mind of a steel trap like my child. No, I would not have invented a horrid thing like Show & Tell where my precious child insists on bringing a new toy every week to school.

Oh, and it's not just once a week. It's twice a week. Because they can't leave out the kids that only come on Tuesday and Thursday.

And the toy has to DO something, mommy.

And I can't bring THAT toy. I took THAT one on May 23, 2006.

And I can't take THAT one because it doesn't DO anything.

Yes, it's a wonder I make it through it every week with out committing myself to a mental institution over this wonderful event.

Who would join me in starting a petition to ban Show & Tell?

11 comments:

blessedmomto7 said...

I always felt bad for the kids who didn't have a darn thing to bring
:( We were hit and miss show and tellers-now with homeschooling, THE PRESSURE IS OFF!!

Lindsey said...

Hahaha awww! That is a whole lot of show and tell!

Rachel said...

Love isn't picky; i posted previously that she brought the book SugarBusters LOL

I would love to attend a show and tell for these kids one day just to hear what goes on...especially having one for 3 year olds

Joey said...

show and tell is dumb. when I was a kid, we only had it 1 time a month AT BEST. it was like a wonderful treat! but, twice a week?? Taylor and I are going to have to have a little father/son talk tonight...

Megan said...

We never even had show & tell..man, things were so simple back in the day.

Miss Anne said...

i hate to say it... but i have always loved show and tell...

when i was in High School... part of my english class was a "show and tell".... i brought my little brother! ha! ... another girl brought a baby cow.

obviously she won the cool award.

:)

2 TIMES A WEEK THO! THAT'S INSANE!

Lo said...

i say BAN THE SUCKER!!!! i mean really. twice a week? isn't that a tad excessive? can't we just do it on tuesdays then? really. some people. :)

Isabelle said...

I LOVED show and tell but I was the kid back then not the parents and come to think about it I HAD to start collection something every week so I had a new collection of something to show at the next S&T. Twice a week is a bit much, you don't even get to build the anticipation :(

Pony Girl said...

I'm a teacher and we eliminated show and tell this year. It took up so much of our limited class time and all the children wanted to bring in were toys. Honestly, we felt there were other moments that a child could "share" in the classroom- projects and special work they had done, etc. And we left open the option to bring in items that apply to the unit we are studying. Then it has meaning! ;-)

sassy stephanie said...

Oh wait. How about "letter of the week show and tell". My type A oldest never wanted something the other kids would show up with. That was tons of fun.

Danielle said...

Sign me up, sister!

My kids school does it once a week (twice a week! ouch!) and they have to bring something that starts with the letter they've been working on....

Suggest that the school set a theme...

I don't know...

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict