The happiest boy in the world

Friday, January 9, 2009



Yes, I know. It's just a few remnants of the snow that fell earlier that morning as we were on the long drive up to Amarillo. And on that drive, Taylor told me that snow wasn't real.

He's 5 and has never seen it before. So let me just tell you how happy I was that there was still some on the ground.

But I wasn't half as happy as he was.

When we pulled up to my uncle's house and went inside, the first thing my uncle said to the kids was, "Would you like to see an icicle?"

Taylor was super excited. Ashton was less than thrilled.

Taylor even brought part of it back in the house to show me. He was smiling from ear to ear, his face was red and cold, and he was so happy. It was quite a sight to see.

And then my uncle took him in the backyard to an area that had been shaded by his shed all day - which meant the snow still hadn't melted. Taylor has never been so excited in his entire life.

And he's a pretty excitable little boy.

He picked up handfuls of snow and brought it to me in sheer amazement. I honestly think he thought snow wasn't real.

The best part? When we woke up the next morning there was still some snow that hadn't melted, so Taylor was back out there doing the exact same thing.

Can you even imagine him at a ski resort in Colorado?

6 comments:

Megan said...

So cute. You guys should DEFINITELY take a vacation somewhere with lots of snow!

Lindsey said...

Haha so cute!

blessedmomto7 said...

UM...TIME FOR ASPEN or Breckenridge...make your reservations NOW :)

Liz said...

So adorable. :)

Rachel said...

Bless his heart!!! I can't wait to get to Colorado; let's go now!!! I'm sure Taylor will agree!

Vern ~ Inspired said...

Oh - yes you need to take that child to see the mountains of snow!
He would freak!

Thanks for all my pretties on my blog!

Have a great weekend!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict