D'ya miss me??

Friday, January 2, 2009

I hope so! I missed all of you!

I'm sure you're all wondering where in blogland have I been. Well.... hold it.... hold it....

AMARILLO, TEXAS!!!

Yes, I said it. The great city of Amarillo. My birth place. But I must tell you, something has gone seriously wrong. I mean, I took my laptop with every intention of keeping in touch with the blog world. I thought I would just head over to a nearby Starbucks, sip on my favorite cup of coffee, and keep you all up to date on the hip happenings of my family vacay (minus the hott hubby... he had to work).

But I got to Amarillo... and there were no Starbucks. My cousin told me she had never even had Starbucks. It was a very sad time for me. But I pushed through... just without telling you all about it.

Forgive me?

Don't worry, I'll be back. I have lots to tell you.

... about how I got a new car... and then my daughter crashed her brand new bike into it giving it it's first scratch when it was only 3 days old.

... about how Taylor saw snow for the first time in his 5 year old life. I've never seen him happier.

Yeah, I've got plenty of material for you... stick around!

Oh, and Happy New Year!

13 comments:

Lump said...

no starbucks?? that's madness! ;)

glad to hear you had a great time... minus the car scratch. ha!

can't wait to see photos!!

Rachel said...

Wow a new car...and it's first scratch...reminds me of when I got my first new bike for Christmas and broke it in by crashing into our neighbors mailbox and tearing it down.

Can't wait to hear the details!

Miss Anne said...

OF COURSE WE MISSED YOU!!!

happy new year sweet pea!

can't wait to read alllll about your holidays!

xo

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Yay for your car! Sorry it was crashed into. And no Starbucks?

Hipmomofboyz said...

Have a Happy New Years!!

blessedmomto7 said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR SASSY!

blessedmomto7 said...

PS-NO STARBUCKS Here-shoot we gotta drive over an hour for that!

Isabelle said...

No Starbucks???? I feel for you :( How cute about your little boy and the snow, we got plenty but it's also been -30!!!! Are you guys coming to visit lol.

Lo said...

i've missed you!!!!! so good to see you back ;) crazy how bloggesses must stick together, no?

and yay on fam time! i forgive you for your vacay. you enjoy. you lavish. can't wait to see what car you got!! happy new years!!

MamaMia said...

We just got back from vacation late last night and I'm trying to catch up on my weekly reads. Glad I'm not too far behind on yours.

Happy New Year!

Let me know if you see my son's diaper bag on the side of the road...stop by my blog to find out what I'm talking about.

The Queen's Castle said...

Came to you from MamaMia..... and had to comment about the no Starbucks! Boy, we even have a couple of them out in Cypress (well, it is a Houston suburb).

Have you tried their Peppermint Twist Latte? Delish!

BTW, my daughter spilled an entire bottle of Fanta STRAWBERRY soda in my new car AND it was only 3 days old also (I'm over it now.... well, it did happen a year ago)....
Happy New Year

With Love from New Orleans said...

Yay for being back! Congrats on the new car... what an adorable family you have!

With Love from New Orleans said...

Yay for being back! Congrats on the new car... what an adorable family you have!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict