Christmas in review

Monday, January 5, 2009

Santa was pretty good this year, if I do say so myself! The kids were pretty happy and had no complaints, which is rare, as we all know!

Here's Taylor with a new drum set he got from his Memaw & Pepaw... which will happily remain at their house. Call me a horrible mother if you wish, but we warned them before they bought it - and he spends every Friday night over there. So I'll let them get the headaches.



Santa brought both the kids Nintendo DS's. This was the best thing Santa has ever done - again, if I do say so myself. Especially since Santa took them on a 9 hour road trip to Amarillo.

Santa is a very smart cookie!



Grandpa and Lynda scored big points with Ashton with an all-science Christmas. Crazy, I know. But she LOVED it! A microscope, magic rocks, and a globe that also shows the constellations when you turn off the lights. Pretty cool, huh?



Grandpa and the kiddos



Santa also happened to find a Nintendo Wii, which is a big hit for the whole family. In fact I won a 10 minute massage by beating Joey at bowling the other night. It's not just for the us though, I swear. We have so much fun playing as a family. If you don't have one, and you can get one, you really should. It's a blast!

You've heard about Ashton's new bike... it did survive the crash into my new car. More on that later, I promise. It's absolutely hysterical.

Taylor got his first pair of Heeley's and just learned to use them yesterday - which also lead to learning to tie his own shoes. What a big boy!

I guess that does it for now. More tomorrow.

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Well well; Santa must have known how good everyone was in your house...great presents!!

I have been hearing a lot about the Wii and how much fun it is...and a great family game to play too!

I can't wait to hear about the new car and the new dent...well at least it's broken in now :)

Lump said...

awww sounds like you and the family had an awesome time!! I definitely want a Wii. I can't get enough of my friend's. :)

Heelys? ohgoodness. That's one of our biggest clients. We have a room stocked full of them.

Isabelle said...

How cute! I can't believe you didn't post a pic of your new car!!!!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict