The Bicycle Incident

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Joey bought me a new Jeep Commander for Christmas.

Santa brought Ashton a new bike for Christmas.

I know how to drive my Jeep Commander.

I thought Ashton knew how to ride her new bike. Well, she knew how to ride it. She didn't know how to stop it.

So she used the tail end of my new Jeep.

After I made sure she was ok, I told her that she always needed to stay in control of her bike and never throw her legs out and scream at the top of her lungs.

"Always keep your feet on the peddles and stay calm," I told her.

"I did Mom. I promise!!" She said with all the attitude of a hormonal sixteen year old.




Sure you did, baby girl. Sure you did.

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

Haha this picture is priceless - she was caught in the act!

Miss Anne said...

great pic!

glad she's safe and the jeep is ok.

:) happiest new years!

Rachel said...

Great pic!!! You captured it just in time; feet off the peddles!

I'm glad she was ok.

Megan said...

Funny pic! And congrats on your new Jeep Commander! I love those!

Shannon said...

you gotta love it when you have proof!!

Joey said...

all i remember is sitting inside and i just heard a loud THUMP! then you calling me... "Jooeeyyy..." I knew it wasn't good!

Lump said...

oh goodness. um, before you know it, she's going to be 16. ;)

haha great photo!!

Grand Pooba said...

Well, as long as you made sure she was okay first!

sassy stephanie said...

Ouch. Careful. My nephew broke his jaw riding his new bike last Christmas without knowing how to stop.

Santa skipped me, since I got a new Expedition last month for my bday. Stupid Santa. I'm headed this week to buy a new Gucci! Take that Santa!

Megan said...

Yay for a new Jeep!! That's awesome. And, perhaps Ashton should practice in the neighbors driveway ;)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict