Things that make me smile...

Thursday, December 18, 2008



My Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha (non-fat, no whip). Seriously, I took the first drink this morning and a smile immediately appeared on my face.

My son, who for some reason, now must preface every question he asks with the word "say". For example, "Say, mom, what's for dinner?" It's really the cutest thing ever and makes my smile every time he does it. Last night I started talking like him and saying "say", but he told me to stop. So I did. And just enjoyed listening to him. And smiled.

Christmas music. It reminds me of how much I loved Christmas as a child, and how much I hope that my children love it as much as I do. Christmas is still my favorite time of year. And it makes me smile.

My daughter, who came into my room the other night while Joey and Taylor were playing video games, and snuggled up in bed with me and said, "Let's talk." She didn't have anything in particular to talk about, but we laid there and chatted... girl time. And it made me smile.

Mexican food. I could eat it three times a day, every day. And every time I do I'm pretty sure I smile. Just ask Joey.

Text messages from my hubby. I love hearing my phone ring and looking over to see "I love you babe!" on the text message. It always makes me smile.

Diet Dr. Pepper. It makes me happy. I'm addicted, I know, but when I take a sip, it makes me smile, so I'm stickin' to it.

What makes you smile?

17 comments:

Megan said...

I LOVE Starbucks. I haven't had the White Chocolate Mocha, but I think I will have to now. :0) I am with you on the Mexican food..mmmm!!

Rachel said...

Reading your blog makes me smile! Seriously I love visiting you everyday.

And White Chocolate Mocha is my FAVE drink from Starbucks!

Staci said...

your cheesy blogs!!! lol j/k

Lump said...

awww too sweet.

this made me smile! :)

and well, diet coke makes me smile.

Megan said...

Great post!!! That is so sweet that your daughter just wanted to chat with you! I love reading about your family, you are such a great mom!

scargosun said...

I am right there with you on the SB's only I do a Peppermint White Mocha. It is happiness in a cup. I get peppermint whip when I am feeling naughty. ;)

blessedmomto7 said...

NO Starbucks WIHIN 60 miles thanks for the temptation! Tomorrow however, we are going to Grandmas so we will just be a mile from the closest Starbucks! CAN'T WAIT! I could use one RIGHT NOW!

Baby Thomas RULES this casa! said...

You are so darn cute! I am on board with the Diet Dr. P!!! My starbucks Caramel Mocha Frap rocks and truly makes me smile...however--due to the INSANE number of Diet DP's I consume daily--I only treat myself to SB once a week :-) AND of coarse--my beautiful baby boy makes me smile EVERYDAY! Great job on your creative posting...you truly are blogalicious!

Miss Anne said...

what a wonderful listy loo! :)

such great things!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Sounds like you have a very sweet family!

Brandy said...

I gave you an award over at my blog. LOVE reading your posts!!! And everyone loves a Diet Dr. Pepper sista! Seriously.

Haley said...

this blog is so cute.... you and I have a lot in common! are you sure we are not related!

Toni said...

Let's see the starbucks white chocolate mocha decaf non fat w/ whipped cream, watching my kids giggle, sitting in my hubby's lap while he runs his fingers through my hair, carbs and of course new shoes.

Maki said...

Hello - landed myself via Rachel's blog.

First time commenting on your blog - you have a lovely blog and gorgeous layout!!

I love Starbuck and used to be addicted White Chocolate Mocha - so good, right? Now I'm strictly for Latte (kind of boring..).

I love your blog:)

xo

Lauren said...

White Chocolate Mocha (non fat, no whip) is my favorite too! Just had one yesterday at Target! (even while prego).

Joey said...

...you getting all snuggly with me in my "nerd" shirt; the pouty face you make when you want somthing; when you come up and hug me out of nowhere :)

Liz said...

All fabulous things. I agree. :)

Thank you for your kind comment yesterday, it really made me feel encouraged.

Hugs,
Liz

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict