the stalker story (in the words of my husband)

Thursday, December 18, 2008

The story of how we met. So romantic.

Ok, more like comical.  But without further ado (is that how you spell that?), here's our story (in the words of my husband):

Ok, it all started back when I was 18 years old, just a young lad, not a care in the world! Flying free like a bird in the sky. Ok, not exactly... we all know that when you are 18, you know EVERYTHING (really that starts when you are a teenager), and I did have cares, I just wish that I knew how easy I had it at that time of my life! I'm only referring to responsibilities like bills and taking care of kids, etc. Of course, I'm so happy right now with my wife and kids, I can't even explain it. Now if I could just get rid of those pesky bills ;)

So, I was 18, fresh out of high school. I started going to church and that is where I met Stephanie. Ok, truth be told, the only reason I went in the first place was because a girl I wanted to date told me if I went to church with her, she'd go out with me. Well, we went on a date - once and it was awkward and short. Oh, and I forget to say that it was Stephanie's best friend. LOL Well, turns out God had a different plan for me, and even though the date didn't work out, the church thing did. So I got involved playing guitar and singing for the youth group and the main services. Steph, as you know is an awesome singer and that is where we got to know each other. That,and our small group (bible study). Well her boyfriend was in that group too. And by that time, I had found another girlfriend. So, we really didn't pay much attention to each other. I never thought I'd marry her! Well, time went by and Steph and her boyfriend broke up and I was getting to the point were I felt like I needed to dump the girl I was with.

Now, about this time, Steph and I stated talking a bit more. I can remember us sitting backstage on the stairs during a church service talking. I think that is the first time I felt like I kind knew her. Then more "talks" happened when she stayed a little late on purpose - I mean, on accident after small group.... hehe Well, we found a commonality an decided to go to the gym together.

This is were it gets good. We ended up in the "ab" section just sitting there talking the whole time. She was talking about her ex and how she envisioned a relationship and I was talking about my soon to be ex and how I was so unhappy. I think this is where I realized that something big was about to happen. Of course she was planting little seeds the whole time getting me to think about breaking up with that other girl.

Well, the next small group, guess who showed up early. :D

At the end of the session, we we talking as a group and I brought up how I didn't know if I need to break up with the girl I was with and I was asking for advice.... well guess who was the first to answer - "OH, I think you KNOW what you're supposed to do!", Stephanie said with such conviction. As if she didn't have this thing all planned out from the very beginning! Those were her exact words.

Now to this day, she won't admit she was stalking me, but I know her better ;)

I couple days later, I broke up with my girlfriend.

A few days later, she came to the youth group, which she NEVER came to on a regular basis. Coincidence? I think not!! Followed me around everywhere! lol, ok, maybe I'm exaggerating just a little there, but really, she never came to those.

That night before she left, we planned to call each other to talk on the phone. This is were the magic happened. We talked from about 9ish to about 5 in the morning! And I usually can't talk for more than a few minutes! We really got into some deep conversations.

Somewhere around 2 am is when she told me she had something to say. I already knew EXACTLY what it was she was going to say, but I figured I'd make her say it anyways.

"You are the man I'm going to marry" she said. So, don't forget, at this point, we hadn't even gone on a date. Yeah, not a single one. Crazy right. And so demanding! lol Crazy stalker!

Just kidding baby! I knew in my heart that I was going to marry her too and I'm glad I did!

3 months later I proposed and 10 months after that, we got married. (10 months after that, we had Ashton - it's all happening so fast!!!)

It's almost been 10 years of marriage and its amazing how much in love we are after all this time and going though the hard times and the good. We will NEVER be an old married couple... at least not in our hearts! I love you Stephanie!

So, what do you think, do I need to write another song for our 10th anniversary?

He's hilarious.  He really is.  But like I said when he posted this on his blog, although it's not completely accurate and has a significant slant in his direction, I can't deny any of it.


4 comments:

♥ sarahbeth. said...

hahah aw that's a cute story! even if you were a little crazy :)

xoxo

Megan said...



I lost my 15 years relationship during December. My husband left me with so many pains and since then i have been heart broken and shattered. I have contact 7spell casters and 7 of them has rip me off my money without no result. I have Emailed so many sites online looking for a good spell caster untill i was directed by a 20 years old boy to wiseindividualspell@gmail.com: wiseindividualspell@gmail.com At first i never believed him because he was requesting for some amount of money to buy items to cast the spell, it took him 4 weeks to convince me and something occur to my mind and i said let me give him a trial. I was very shocked when Nichasin called four days after i sent Dr.Zack Balo the items money. He apologies for all he has done wrong and i am very happy that we are together today now because he proposed to marry me. I will advise you contact wiseindividualspell@gmail.com because he has done wonders in my life and i believe he can help you out in any problem.

cindy john said...

Hello everyone my name is Cindy John, i just want to share my experience and testimony here.. i was married for 7 years to my husband and all of a sudden, another woman came into the picture he started hating me and he was abusive. but i still loved him with all my heart and wanted him at all cost then he filed for divorce my whole life was turning apart and i didn't know what to do he moved out of the house and abandoned the kids that we have, so someone told me about trying spiritual means to get my husband back and introduced me to a spell caster name prophetludaspelltemple@outlook.com. so i decided to try it reluctantly. although i didn't believe in all those things then when he did the special prayers and spell, after 2 days, my husband came back and was pleading for my forgiveness that he had realized his mistakes I just couldn't believe it anyway we are back together now and we are happy in case anyone needs this man, his email address prophetludaspelltemple@outlook.com his spells is for a better life.

rm said...


what an amazing feeling that came over me,a feeling of peace that my life will turn out the way I've dreamed of it to be!thank you from the bottom of my heart you are a true blessing!!! contact him for help today on ogbefispell@gmail.com
Charles Sandton

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict