Remember that to do list?

Monday, December 1, 2008

Ahh... the to do list. I'm often a fan of lists. It makes me feel good to be able to mark something off a list.

How about you?

What about when your list seems insurmountable? Like you can't get anything accomplished, but you're working non-stop. That's how I felt most of last week.

Just when I was beginning to feel like a complete failure, as my list seemed to be getting the best of me, Joey looked at me and said, "I think you may have bitten off more than you can chew. You can't be housewife of the year all in one week!"

Although I felt like I had accomplished some of the larger things on my list, there was still so much to be done. It was like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders to know that I wasn't a failure to Joey if I didn't get it all done.

Now... enough about my little pity party. Wanna see what I did?? It's like a picture book, so try to keep up.

The sweet little girl in these pictures is my beautiful daughter; however, when it comes to her bedroom, she is best compared to Hurricane Katrina. I'm not sure what to do with her, I just keep hoping that one day living in a pig pen will begin to bother her.

So, tackling her room was quite the undertaking. 3 TRASH bags (and I do mean trash - some trash, broken toys, and just plain junk!) and a LARGE trip to Goodwill later, I (we) are very pleased! She was very excited to help me put together some new furniture for her room




The cubes that we put together above were somewhat simple, and I'm impatient, so I didn't want to wait for Joey to put together her new dresser.

I am woman, hear me roar!

I roared pretty loudly, too, when Joey got home and I realized that I put the bottom on backwards (thus the Smirnoff in my hand!). But we don't talk about that.



Joey put together a new desk for Ashton and that pretty much wrapped up her room.

I did get to Taylor's room, too. I cleaned out tons of books and toys that he doesn't play with anymore and put his bed up on risers so I could fit some storage containers underneath. (I'm all about hiding things!)

Next on the list was cooking for Thanksgiving. The kids love to help me cook, so Taylor was first to volunteer to help me cook the cornbread for the stuffing. He loves to crack the eggs (his Memaw taught him and Ashton) so I basically stood there and watched.

Stuffing down, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, and buttermilk pie to go!



Next, the kids and I love to make Rice Krispie Treats during the holidays. Taylor really did help, but you know how he is when I point the camera in his direction...



Finally, I HAVE to get the Christmas decorations up immediately after Thanksgiving. If not, I start to sweat and have heart palpitations. Seriously.

This year, I just let the kids do the decorating and let go of my control... it was hard, but they love it so much I just didn't see the point in being so particular about where every ornament went. I remember being a kid and loving this time of year so much - I want them to enjoy it just as much as I did when I was growing up.




And the final product... of course, I had to put my bow on, because I love it. I love Christmas. All the lights, the food, the family, the TRUE meaning - all of it. I love it.

Taylor loves it to, I guess. This is how I found him the next morning when I got up. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "looking at all the pretty lights. I love Christmas."



That's my boy...

4 comments:

Rachel said...

What great pictures!!! You sure would beat me in a furniture building contest; those directions just freak me out sometimes. I am glad you had a great holiday and time off. We had a great time except for the fact I was sick with a really bad cold.

Lindsey said...

Aww! This looks like so much fun, I love the pictures! Your kids are so cute!

Lo said...

oh my gosh!!! oh that is the cutest photo ev-ar if your son!!! hehehe that is SO something i would have done. (or still do. ahem.) i love christmas too. sigh :) (and the tree is gorgeous!)

Lump said...

the last photo is so cute. you can barely see him! ;)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict