It's all about the Panda.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ashton has been counting down the days to her birthday for weeks now. I'm actually surprised that I had to wake her up. But when I did, she told me she couldn't sleep, so that explained it.

First of all, she read my blog post from yesterday - well, as much as she could get through before exclaiming, "Can I open presents now??".



Then it began. Taylor, and by Taylor, I mean I, got her a Barbie mermaid that she has been eying. We actually went to the store last weekend with the intention of her buying it with her own money, but she didn't have enough. She was shockingly very good about it. Good things come to those who wait :)



Seriously, without any coaxing by the camera-holding mommy, Ashton reached over and hugged him. Before I passed out, I got this picture. (On a side note, don't you just love that bed head?)



Mommy & Daddy's gift to Ashton was her very own flat iron. She was very excited! She's very into fixing her hair these days and was pretty upset when Joey and I went out of town last weekend and wouldn't let her keep mine. (And so it begins...)



Next on the days events was "special thing" with daddy. This consists of donuts before school. (lol) It may not sound all that special, but to my baby girl who has a sweet tooth the size of California, trust me, it's special. And besides, it's daddy, and that's always special! They also picked up cupcakes for school.

Then there was school of course, but she didn't know that mommy was surprising her for lunch. Yep. Mommy showed up and sat with her outside for lunch then the two of us played a little volleyball before she had to go back to ALPHA (gifted and talented). Lucky for her, her birthday was on a Tuesday - her favorite school day of the week. ALPHA and Art!!

For dinner, of course she got to choose, and she chose Panda Express - a fast food Chinese stop.



Caught up on our family photos while we waited for everyone else to fight the traffic.





This is silly Ashton with her Mimi (Joey's mom) and Taylor - crazy as ever.



STOP THE PRESSES!!! I think this is my dad eating Chinese food. Why, yes. He is!! Certainly photo worthy... I may need this for some sort of bribe.



Ashton still loves horses (ahem... Staci), so Mimi gave her 3 model horses that she can paint. She will have a blast!!



Mama and Papa (my parents) gave Ashton her first digital camera. Ashton is having a slumber party on Friday (I covet your prayers) so she will have tons of fun with this one!



After dinner we were off to Baskin Robbins for some ice cream. (Remember that sweet tooth??)



Here's the whole clan.



And we can't forget Biscuit - the life-size, completely real-looking dog that is sure to scare the living daylights out of our life-size actually REAL dog.



Ashton had a wonderful birthday! Here's hopin' I survive Friday!

13 comments:

Miss Anne said...

Yay! What a great birthday party! Everything good was involved: smiles, hugs, presents, family, ice cream, and big love!

:)so glad it went great!

(her own flat iron! very cool)

Jo Ann said...

Great time at the party - and the chinese food wasn't bad at all... that's a first for David! You'll have to let us know how the REAL dog did...
Mom

Lump said...

your whole family is beautiful!

looks like Miss Ashton made out like a bandit on her birthday! :) what a great shot of her hugging her bro.

can't wait to see the pics of the slumber party!

Miss Anne said...

p.s. You've been {tagged} on my blog! :)

blessedmomto7 said...

U sure you're old enough to be Ashton's mom? You look like a young en' yourself! Sisters?

Isabelle said...

Please wish Ashton "Bonne FĂȘte" for me!

Your entire family is just adorable!

BTW I love your son's bed head, it's hilarious!!!

Megan said...

Ahhh loved this! I'm glad the whole fam could be there to help celebrate her birthday. Looks like it was a special day for her!!

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey said...

Sounds like a great birthday to me! Love the pictures!

Lo said...

oh my goodness, maybe this is a strange reaction but i got tears in my eyes reading thru this post!!!! you are such a good mom. you are so blessed and i can see why- you are FABULOUS. girl, every time i say, 'let's wait another year for a baby' i take a look at photos like the one of the two kids hugging.... priceless. you have so much love in your family it is amazing. thank you for sharing :)

Toni said...

Yummo donuts, chinese and baskin robbins all in the same day, totally jealous of the baskin robbins...we don't have them in this crazy state. What a great birthday!

Rachel said...

I love it...all the pictures...the family moments!!! I can't wait to meet you!!!

I'm sooo glad she had a great time and what awesome presents...and to think she will get more in a few weeks come Christmas...how lucky is she to have a Bday in December...double the presents!!!

That icecream is making me want Baskin Robbins for their chocolate peanut butter ice cream YUM!

Liz said...

She is just precious with her little flat iron. That made me smile. Please tell her I think her hair is gorgeous. :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict