I was wrong.

Monday, December 22, 2008

There. I said it.

I got home Friday night and my coveted cell phone car charger was there on the counter. I ran to it, so excited to plug it into my phone and take it to its new home - my glove box.

Then it happened.

It didn't fit.

If I had been thinking clearly, I would have quietly placed it my car (receipt and all) to be exchanged for the proper charger on Monday - keeping my husband totally oblivious to my deception. But, no. I wasn't thinking clearly, so instead, "DANG IT!" came spewing from my mouth, loud enough that Joey heard it in the bathroom.

He knew exactly what it was and immediately demanded for an editor's withdrawal of Friday's post. "But not until Monday," he said, "so everyone can read it."

So here I am, humbly before all of my blogging peeps - and most importantly my husband - to say, "I'm sorry, honey. I was wrong. You were right. The crazies at the cell phone kiosk DO need my phone to find the proper charger. I should have listened to you. I will never make this mistake again."

"Until the next time you say something that makes absolutely no sense. But until then, honey..."

(I love you, Joey!!)

16 comments:

Joey said...

let me take a moment to bask in the glory of being right! mmm, it feels so good! lol

Joey said...

... you know I have to take what I can get, because most of the time you are the one who is right :) I love you too

Isabelle said...

LOL I can't believe Joey sent me an e-mail telling me to go check your post so I can read how right he was lol... He really must not be right often lol

Jen - Balancing beauty and bedlam said...

Ok - I was going to comment something really sweet until I saw your hubby taking all too much glory in the moment. Go tell him to put a shirt on...hee hee.
Oh wait - his second comment made it all better...note you are right most of the time - love that! :)

With Love from New Orleans said...

Aww thanks for stopping by.. this is an adorable post and I love your blog. GORGEOUS family!
XO

Hollie said...

That's your one time being wrong for the year...it's okay. hahahaa

The pics in your sidebar are gorgeous. You are beautifula and so is your fam!

Lindsey said...

Hahahaha! Funny! And I love your husband's comments to this post - you two are too cute!

Miss Anne said...

been there.done that.

:) cute post!

Grand Pooba said...

I Only wish I could say that I've never done that.

Why do hubbies always have to be right?

grrrrrr

blessedmomto7 said...

Love it when they're right....NOT!! what a sweet wife to admit this to the blogoshpere!

Megan said...

Haha!! Don't you hate it when they are right??!?!?

Karyn with a Y said...

That's awesome!

Megan said...

haha..I love that you two thought of all of us on blogland after you found out it didn't fit!

SARFRAS said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lump said...

LOL this sounds exactly like me! you guys are still so cute! :)

Rachel said...

How great that you apologized to all to hear...LOL don't ya just hate retractions...and then having to say "you were right" happens to me weekly LOL

Now go get the right charger...and bring your phone LOL

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict