Happy Birthday Punkin

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

On this day at 9:59 in the morning, 9 years ago, my life was changed forever. Your daddy and I had only been married for just under 10 months, and this was certainly not what we had in mind when we said "I do" at 20 years old, but when you came into our lives, our hearts melted.

Everyone told me I would know exactly what to do when you came - I knew they were crazy. But they were right. From the moment I first held you in my arms, with that tiny scratch on your right check that still scars it today, you were the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. We took you home to our tiny, one bedroom apartment, and you slept in the cradle that Pepaw handmade for you.

Slept through the night at 8 weeks, scaring me to death! I remember waking up at 5 am shaking your daddy, "did you feed Ashton??" Sure enough, there you were, sound asleep. Beautiful as ever.

You were such a wonderful baby. So smart. So happy.



Where did the time go?

Well, this year it went to my baby girl spending a little "girl time" with mommy.



Also, you went to your first ever summer camp - for 4 days! Boy did you have fun!!



And then we can't forget that this was the year that you showed the world that Jesus was your Lord and Savior and Papa baptized you. Yeah, that was a big one!



Ashton, you're growing up so fast, and so often I wish I could stop the clock, but when I look at you, I can't help but feel overwhelmed with pride. You are the most beautiful, talented, smart, loving little girl. I'm so blessed that God chose me to be your mother. I'd be lost without you.

I love that God gave you a piece of me and I can't wait to hear you sing on Sunday. You will do great and everyone will be amazed. You are so gifted.

Keep drawing, keep reading, keep laughing, keep believing.

I love more than you could possibly ever know - until you have a Punkin of your own. Then, Ashton, then you'll know.

Kisses baby girl. Mommy loves you. Have the happiest of birthdays!

~ Mommy

13 comments:

Joey said...

Happy Birthday to my little girl!

Rachel said...

What a beautiful post to Ashton...I loved it!

Too funny; I was pregnant with Zman at 20 and gave birth at 21...and you know what I always say to him "i'm so glad got gave you to me" he just smiles!

Happy Birthday Ashton!

Staci said...

whaaaaa stop with the emotional stuff!!!! Your makin me tear!!

I love you lil ashy!!! Have a great day!!!

Perksofbeingme said...

Happy birthday baby girl! I know you're having a wonderful day and I hope you have an amazing year.

Lindsey said...

What a sweet sweet post!

Jo Ann said...

I can remember that day as well! We were all in the waiting room eager to hear that you had arrived! Nothing can explain how being a grandparent changes everything! You are the light of our world - and we are so blessed to have you! May this day be your best yet!
Love MaMa & PaPa

Megan said...

So sweet!! I'm glad to hear when you have a baby you just know what to do! The thought of having a tiny one to care for scares the heck of me!!!

Hipmomofboyz said...

You blog looks soooooo cute.
Tell Ashton Happy b-day from the hips..

Miss Anne said...

*{Happiest Birthday Ashton}*

Hope she has the best birthday yet! She shares a birthday with my J! :)

Staci said...

lol u crack me up modge podge is a type of glue and or finish.....and it will not take you that long to do it...although having someone to hang out with for a week sounds fascinating and fun!!! we could get in some serious trouble shopping and margaritas and shopping and more margaritas.....

Lump said...

awwww this is such a sweet post! your little girl is beautiful! Happy birthday to her! :)

Heather said...

What a sweet post!! Time goes by sooooo fast.

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Cousin!
Love,
Cameryn, Lauren & Tyler

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict