Black Friday

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

So yes, I'm crazy. I set my alarm for 3:30 am - an hour I have not seen since having to feed my children every 3 hours - showered, fixed my hair, and put on my make-up - 'cuz that's how I roll - and made my way to fight the crazy's at HEB PLUS.

My mission? This:



Yep, the Nintendo DS for my little man. The deal was, it's regularly priced at $129 or higher. HEB PLUS had it on sale for $99! Since I was going to buy it anyway, there was no way I was letting a little sleep get in the way of saving $30!! So I got my shopping behind out of bed, left my lazy sleepy husband all snuggled and cozy, and off I went to fight this:



Pure madness.

I got the LAST one. Thank you. Thank you very much.

After that, I went to Toys R Us, which I will NEVER do again. People there are completely insane. I went there to get two Razors - one for each of the kids - because they were on sale for $18 (regular price is $32). Again, since I was going to buy them anyway, I had to save the money. I mean, $28 savings?? Yeah, baby!

BUT, I had to stand in line for an hour and a half! NEVER AGAIN!

I did get a few other things, and I did consider - several times - getting out of line and putting it all back, but after a while it was simply the principle that held me there.

After that, all that was left was Target. My favorite place on earth. Who doesn't love Target? Tackled stocking stuffers, a few gifts for additional peeps who will remain nameless, and Ashton's birthday presents.

All in all it was a very productive Black Friday. I was home by 9 am.

Anyone else participate in the madness?

9 comments:

Baird's Blessings said...

Productful day! I was up at 3 am and stood inline at Best Buy. Never again!!! I bought a laptop, the ice blue ninetendo DS and some Wii games. After wainting in line for 2 1/2 hours to pay for them I wanted to cry! But I save a couple of hundred dollars so I gues my beauty sleep was worth it!

I don't think I will be doing it next year!

Lindsey said...

You go girl! Glad you got those amazing deals, it was worth the 3am wake up call!

Rachel said...

heck no I was sleeping girl; well wait a minute your 2 hours behind me...yup I was sleeping. I just relaxed and decorated. I contemplated it but after looking through the ads non of the kiddos stuff was on sale or listed.
What is a razor...I think that is on Zman's list.

scargosun said...

I stayed in bed and took advantage of cyber Monday. :)

Lump said...

you are a brave brave woman to venture out on Black Friday.

Staci said...

your nuts!!!

Chris Rasco said...

That's a big fat no. We had all our shopping for the kids done before Black Friday.

Toni said...

Yep I was right out there, I just went to target though and waited until 6 to leave my house.

Jo Ann said...

I can't believe you FAILED to mention that your own MOTHER rolled out of bed at 4AM to meet her WONDERFUL daughter to do this crazy shopping... thanks Steph!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict