Another proud moment...

Monday, December 15, 2008

I say another, because as a parent, of course there have been many.

BUT, this post is dedicated to my beautiful, talented, just-turned-9 year old daughter who sang her second solo in the Children's Choir Christmas program last night. (Her first solo was at the same event, but she was 4, and did a fabulous job!)

Just take a listen...



I just don't think I could have been any prouder than I was last night. Absolutely beautiful, Baby Girl!!

Now I can't post about the concert without giving a huge shout-out to my Green Choir. I was the Music Director for the kinder/1st grade choir this year and I have to say, at the dress rehearsal on Saturday, I was a little worried. Ok, I was planning my escape. But boy did they show me up!! Come Sunday night they sang their little hearts out! My soloist were fabulous and everything was just great!!

So, if any of my Green Choir parents are reading this, give your kids a hug for Ms. Stephanie. They made me proud!

17 comments:

Miss Anne said...

she did such a great job!!!

:) not only is she adorable but she can sing too!

:) so sweet!

Baird's Blessings said...

She was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I have to say that I was too so proud of her! She kept telling me she was so nervous, but she shined! She has a voice like her mothers!

Isabelle said...

She is just adorable and she sure can sing! She did a fantastic job. The poor thing looked so nervous she looked so relieved when it was over!!!

Megan said...

Ahh that is so great! You have such a cute little fam!

Lindsey said...

WOW incredible!!!

Joey said...

she's got her mothers voice! sings like an angel!

Savvy Mode SG said...

wow.... great job.

Rachel said...

Wow Joey took the words right out of my mouth...she sounded sooo beautiful and poised!

Thanks for sharing this; Congrats to Ashton...you did awesome!

Staci said...

i am soo proud of you big girl!!!

Jo Ann said...

What can I say? Like mother like daughter... awesome job Ashton! Seems like only yesterday that your mom was that age and singing her heart out as well!

Lump said...

WOW! she has a beautiful voice!!

Heather said...

OH, how did you not bawl your head off!! She is precious.

Lauren said...

Sounds like her mommy! Great job Ashton, can't wait to hear more.
Love,
Cousin Lauren

Megan said...

That is so great!!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hi there. Thanks for the blogby!!! Your girl is surely talented. I would be one proud momma too! Very nice!

MamaMia said...

Sweet! What a gift God has given you girls. And what a way to honor Him by using it!

HipMomma said...

AW, what a great singer! We'll have to see a duet with you and her.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict