Two can cheat at this game!

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Last weeks soccer game was quite an eye opener.

Let me set the scene... here's our cute little soccer team of 4 and 5 year olds.



And then there was the other team. The team that was clearly a plant from Mexico. The team that was playing futbol, not soccer.

Our cute little guys didn't have a chance. Especially since the other guys were playing in positions.

Ahem. We're not supposed to have positions in 4 and 5 year old soccer at the YMCA. But the miniature Olympic team that we were playing against? Yeah, they planted a midget at the goal.

I may have gotten a little upset. I may have been that mom. I also may have screamed "two can cheat at this game!" when our fabulous coach decided halfway through the game to plant his own little midget at our goal. (Go Ethan!!)

Too bad the score was already 21-0. Or something like that.

Oh well. It's about learning, right?

No, it's about winning. Sorry peeps, I'm just a little competitive.

At least the boys had tons of fun at the soccer party - eating hot dogs, a soccer ball cake (yeah, Chris' wife is pure genius!), and getting their trophies.

Aren't they cute???



8 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh how cute! And girl I would have been right there with ya yelling.

That cake is soooo awesome...I bet it was yummy too!

Megan said...

That is funny. You are a great "soccer mom"!! That soccer cake looks amazing.

Lindsey said...

Funny! I love the cake, so pretty!

Savvy Mode SG said...

ahhh.... my friend's little boy's team is just running all over the place having fun. what a cute cake.

Megan said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! You have a beautiful family, and that story is so funny!!

Lump said...

oooh check my blog...I gave you a little something. ;)


that cake is AWESOME!

Haley said...

oh my gosh... too funny! i remember my old soccer days when we were up against teams like that- scary! you guys will definitely look back and laugh about this when your little one is a star athlete in high school :)

Toni said...

Aww we have had those kinds of teams too. I get so competitive as well. I sometimes think I may embarass my kids LOL

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict