The Presidential Prayer Team

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Did you even know there was such a thing?

I didn't, until I heard about it on the radio while I was driving to get the kids yesterday.

I've read so many blog posts over the past couple of days expressing a wide range of emotions. Some are so excited about this era we seemed to have stepped into as a country. Some are devastated that we've elected someone to the highest office with such polar-opposite view as their own.

But the common thread that I seem to see in almost every post and comment string is a call to pray for our nation. For our President Elect. People reminding others that no matter who serves as the President of the United States, God Almighty is ultimately in control. He is not surprised by this election.

KatyLin wrote a great post about this. You should check it out. It prompted me to check my attitude and take a step of faith - so I joined the Presidential Prayer Team. We can't change what's happened, nor should we try to. Our duty as Christ followers (and privilege) is to lift up our President and place him at the throne of God.

I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.
--I Timothy 2:1-2

6 comments:

Megan said...

That is sooo great. I have never heard of the "Presidential Prayer Team" --it is very important.

Rachel said...

I will definately check it out! We just have to wait and see what is to come...but what is with all the Hype about what kind of dog is he going to get for his kids...I mean really is this news???? don't we have bigger problems to deal with media people?

MamaMia said...

Yes, I have heard of PPT. I joined back when W. was first elected.

I chaned my email address a couple of years ago and failed to update PPT. I will have to do that. Thanks for the reminder.

Life with Kaishon said...

I am so glad you posted about this! Really great information to know! Thanks!

Vern ~ Inspired said...

This is a great organization.
I should have mentioned it on my blog when I did an update the other day about Praying For Our President (elect).
I did put a copy of the letter Pastor Emmitt wrote to Barack Obama. He actually got a response back thanking him!

Keep Praying everyone!

Brandy said...

Just found your blog. Love it! I also love that there are other gals out there who are praying! I'm definitely going to check this out...

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict