Ever wish you could freeze time?

Friday, November 14, 2008

**Before you start reading, click play on the playlist... (click on pop-out player... I don't know why it's not coming up.)




Do you ever wish you could make time stand still? Or even rewind a bit?

I was looking through some old pictures on our old - very old - computer that I never use anymore. Ashton needed some pics for a time line project she has at school, so I was browsing through all sorts of pics of my babies when they were, well... babies.

I found this pic of Taylor when he was first learning to walk.



And this pic of Ashton that a friend of ours took when she turned 4.



Then I heard this song on the way home from work the other day. Every time I hear it I tear up. I mean, I just can't believe how fast time flies. It literally seems like just yesterday when we were having to block off the stairs to keep Taylor from trying to crawl up to Ashton's room, and now he's 5 and running, and playing, and independent.

And Ashton... I can still remember when we found out we were expecting - 1 month after we were married! She was such a good baby, sleeping through the night, never fussing... and now she's about to turn 9!

Where does the time go?

9 comments:

Isabelle said...

Awwww, how sweet. They are so cute.
I did the same thing last week looking at vids of The oldest before they could talk and now we would give anything for them to shut up lol

Now what did Joey do? I told him to be extra good to you cause I'm starting to miss the MHR friday!!!

Liz said...

It made me kind of sad reading this! Time moves so fast. And Ashton is so precious!

Lindsey said...

So precious. It is crazy how fast time goes!

Jess said...

Everyday!! I have a song on my blog that I absolutely love and really brings tears to my eyes.

Lump said...

awww this is too sweet.

Amy (Metz) Walker said...

Such a sweet post...wow, ya'll didn't waste anytime getting prego, did ya! ;-)

I LOVE your blog design!

Rachel said...

So cute....It's so great to find old pics and think back to when they were so little. Time flies sooo fast...we blink and they are starting school. I still can't believe Love is 3....she acts like she is 15 so it's really scary...I want her to slow down a little bit! Zman is almost in 5th grade...yikes!

Hipmomofboyz said...

so cute,,,,,boy time does fly by....I still can not believe that I have a high schooler....it makes me feels so old.

Rachel said...

forgot to say how cute the blog set up is with Mr. and Mrs. Claus!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict