We got BOO-ED!!

Thursday, October 16, 2008



I think this is the cutest thing ever!! We never use our front door (which, yes, is why it looks like it hasn't been seen in years... because it hasn't) but Ashton happened to notice that there was something outside the door when they pulled up from school.

We opened the front door to find that we got BOO-ED!

Have any of you been BOO-ED?

Are you all wondering what in the world I'm talking about? It's a new thing going around where you leave a Halloween goody bag at a neighbors front door (anonymously) with a cute little poem and a sign that says "You've been BOO-ED!!" Once you get BOO-ED, then you're supposed to do the same thing to two other unsuspecting neighbors who have yet to be BOO-ED.

Fun, huh? The kids really enjoyed going through the basket, so tonight we're off to get our own little BOO baskets!

*Edited to add: Get your free BOO printables here.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Girl we got boo ed last year and I had no idea...I thought it was a prank.

You see someone rang our door bell when we were home and when we got there nobody was at the door...i was a little scared and then looked down and it was a halloween bag of candy...still stumped we had no idea...I wouldn't let the kids eat the candy until I searched the internet to find out what the hootin holler boo ed meant. They didn't leave a sign like you had, just a little tage on the bag of candy saying "you were boo ed" I wanted to make sure it wasn't something else in the bag...you know what I mean another Halloween Prank...and alas it was a nice gesture!!!

Weeksie50 said...

I got Boo'ed last year.. and I boo'ed several people..It is so much fun.. and it kind of brought back a childhood thrill of knocking and running..

Congrats. I can't wait to see your boo baskets..

Miss Anne said...

What a great idea!

I'm going to put together some "boo baskets" and do that this year!

:) How fun!

Hipmomofboyz said...

We have been boo-ed 3 times this year and I have the boo sign up in the window....I guess we'll have to eat that extra candy..

Tiffany Crawford said...

I love the idea...we've been boo-ed a few years ago, and I think we will start that tradition in our little new neighborhood here in Florida...

Steph--will you write the poem on your blog so I can be a copy cat??

Joey said...

you forgot to mention the part where you freaked out about the dog getting out and you biting everyone's head off ;) j/k! did you see my blog today?

Katie said...

that's a really cute idea! kiddos are adorable!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict