"My Husband Rocks" Friday

Friday, October 3, 2008



My hubby rocks today - and everyday - because he is always making me laugh. It doesn't matter what the situation is, he always has a way to lighten the mood and make me laugh. That's one of the reasons I love him so much.

And now I know you're just dying for a few examples, so I won't be the one to let you down.

One Friday night - our regular date night - I was REALLY wanting to see a particular movie and we had tried 3 theaters and it was sold out at all 3. We were on our way to the 4th and final theater and my mood was digressing. We're driving down the highway and all of the sudden Joey jerks his head to look me with the FUNNIEST look ever on his face. We both DIED laughing. I actually think I have a picture of it on my phone... it was so hysterical I made him recreate it.

Last night at dinner - in a rather nice restaurant, I might add - Joey was trying to give me clues about what movie he was taking me to. So he started acting it out at the table. The movie was "Eagle Eye"... so when he proceeded to "caw" like a bird and flap his arms up and down I almost spit my margarita across the table. And still didn't guess the movie.

**Edited to add a snippet from yesterday morning: I always get out of bed before Joey and before I do I roll over and snuggle for a sec. Well, yesterday I was having one of those dreams where I thought I was already really late, so I jumped out of bed and went straight to the shower. After my shower I always wake Joey up. So I go over the bed, lean down to kiss him softly on the forehead, and he slowly opens his eyes and says, "Did you snuggle with me before you got out of bed?" I explained my dream only to get this response - "It's like I don't even know you anymore!" To which we both busted out laughing! The funnier part is that about noon yesterday he called me because he couldn't remember why we had been laughing that morning... but his memory lapses will soon be covered in another post.

This is just a mere sample of my everyday life. And I love it. I love to laugh, so I obviously married the right person!

Yes, my husband rocks. He is the funniest man I know and I love him for it!

12 comments:

Angie said...

I know what you mean. My hubby makes me laugh all the time. Especially when I ask him to skip. It's the funniest thing I've ever seen!

Frizzy and Bird said...

I think I almost spit out my coffee reading about your husband's eagle immitation. Congrats on winning over at Katy Lin's and MHR. Enjoy all the great prizes. You deserve them!

Sarah Mae said...

CONGRATS on winning Katy Lin's giveaway! YAY to you! :)

Joey said...

what did you win? what?... hmm oh, thanks babe, I'm glad I make you laugh! I love the way your face lights up when you do :)

Oh, but you forgot about yesterday morning when I said, "its like I don't even know you anymore..." THAT was funny!

Miss Anne said...

Yay for BIG LOVE!

and kudo's to your hubby for being SO funny!

I would have laughed too!!!

Happy Friday and Date night to YOU!

Jill said...

Happy Friday! Your husband sounds like a great guy.

Joshswife said...

Sounds like lots of fun! He ROCKS! AND he comments on your blog--now that's something to write about. LOL! Have a great day.

Megan said...

haha.. I think this is great that you do this so often!! But I have to tell you..I am glad you don't know my husband..It would be a pretty close match for the funniest man you know! :0) Have a great weekend!

Mike and Jen said...

Congratulations!! Though I'm a tad jealous, I'm SO happy for you on winning the giveaway. :) Ok, I'm not really jealous b/c any wife who adores her hubby as much as you deserves it! Congrats!!

Jen

Rachel said...

How great!!! Love this stuff...I'm married to my best friend too and heh is always making me laugh; it's the fun times when we are in the car together no kids and we act goofy!

Have a great weekend...make sure you share the pic of his face in the car.

Katy Lin :) said...

lol! you guys have so much fun together! :) congrats again, and have a great weekend! :)

Katie said...

I say if there is no laughter then it's going to go nowhere.

great post!! :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict