The only thing to keep me from the Cowboys....

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

... is a minor medical emergency with one of my babies!

Yes, I will put off the Cowboys game when I hear blood curdling screams coming from my backyard... which is what I heard last night while I was sitting at the kitchen table helping Ashton with her homework.

One safe. That left one unaccounted for. So I threw open the blinds and sure enough, there was Taylor at the top of the swing set screaming like a girl.

Which, come to find out, is ok when you've been attacked by a swarm of wasps.

At the time I had no idea what was going on. He was out there with two of his friends from up the street and part of me thought - for a split second - that they were playing. That was quickly overcome with shear panic and I bolted out the back door and by the time I got there he was already to the porch just clawing at himself.

He was screaming. I was screaming. The boys from up the street were calm as could be... what gives? I pulled his shirt off and sure enough... his left arm was swollen up with 5 bites, 1 bite on his right arm, a bite on his chest and a bite on his head.

Boy I tell you what. If I ran into those wasps in a dark alley... well, I would get stung, just like Joey did when he went out to defend his sons honor with a can of wasp spray.

Just look at my poor baby.... you can't see anything here because we've got a cold compress on his arm, blankie, monkey (shhh... don't tell monkey! lol... did anyone get that?), and mommy who won't leave his side. It was just horrible!



BUT, because of this minor medical emergency, Taylor got to stay up late and watch part of the Cowboys game... until he passed out from the Benadryl and Tylenol.

Now seriously people, I thought I was gonna have a heart attack last night! I mean, between the refs making calls with their eyes closed, Romo and his comedic plays, and this...



Yeah baby!!! That would be Felix Jones running it back 98 yards for a TD!! That's what I'm talkin' about baby!! All the way to the end... if you fell asleep before this game was over, you missed one heck of a game!

Way to go Cowboys!!

4 comments:

scargosun said...

Yeah...refs not so hot on either side last night. ;)

It was a nail-biter that's for sure and in the end that McNabb fumble to Westbrook really cost us the game. Look out when ya'll come this way though! :)

I am SO sorry about the little man. That happened to me on a swingset too when I was like 7. There was a nest inside one of the poles.

Isabelle said...

Stephanie!!!!!! You're so pretty but why ruin it by wearing such an ugly shirt to bed????? I have to agree with you Felix Jones was spectacular on that kick off return.

I feel so bad for Taylor, I hope he feels better.

Rachel said...

First off...OMG I hope he is ok...I hate bees and wasps...your strong girl...2nd I hope he feels better and you both look sooo darn cute...love the nails!!
3rd...awesome game...I did fall a sleep about 11 but man it was back and forth...the Chargers would have loved some of those ref calls vs what we had to go through on faulty equipement and Hoculis(you know the ref with the big arms) telling Norv Turner the coach, I blew this one!! so we lost...0-2 but hey last year we were 14-2 so it's ok...Glad your cowboys won!!!

Jo Ann said...

Poor Taylor - that must have been awful for him! Thank goodness you knew what to do - I'm surprised y ou didn't take him to the Med. Clinic!

And yes - you go Cowboys! It's going to be a great year - even with all the thrills & chills - so where are we watching the game this week? Your house?
Mom

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict