Joey's nuts are here!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ok, there are so many inside jokes in that title that it would literally take me all week to explain, but basically, here's the scoop... in a nut shell.

Our friend, Isabelle lives in Canada and told Joey about these mixed nuts that are evidently better than any nuts we can get in the US. Joey, of course, made a comment asking Izzy when she was going to send us some. Who knew Izzy would actually ship us nuts?? From Canada!! (Well, she is one of the sweetest people I know, so I never really doubted...)

So today I checked the mail on my way home from the gym and what did I find but a giant box from Canada with Patriot paraphernalia all over it. Well, I only know one person who lives in Canada and only one person who still claims the Patriots after their hideous excuse of a football game last Sunday.



NUTS!!

But it wasn't just nuts, my friends. My good friend Izzy loves me so much that she also included 4 bags of French Sour Patch Kids!! (The kids really got a kick out of everything being in a different language.)

All of this right smack dab in the middle of the "8 Days of Stephanie!" She couldn't have planned this any better!



I mean, I may have to trade all my current size 2's for size 6's or so by the time I finish off all of those Sour Patch Kids, but hey, it's all in the name of friendship. And I have always considered myself a good friend.

Why stop now?

Thanks Izzy! (The kids thank you, too. In fact, Taylor said "That girl sure is nice in that other world!" as he stuffed his face with SPK's... lol...)

7 comments:

Rachel said...

That was sooo awesome! And very sweet of her...I like the Patriots on the box...that was a clever idea!

It's great to meet new people through our blogs...I am glad I met you!!!

Joey said...

HAHAHA... you said, "in a nut shell.." hehe

so, yeah, from now on, they are called "Izzy Patch Kids!"

and you forgot to mention how big the nut are...

Isabelle said...

Thank you! How sweet of you! I'm sure you will fit into your size 2 jeans! I didn't even think about the french labels, I'm so used to it!

Hope you liked the nuts!

Oh and thanks for noticing my box embelishments lol

scargosun said...

So cool!

Megan said...

That is very cool! I am sure that you will be able to stay in your size 2's!!

Weeksie50 said...

Aw, Don't you just love getting packages..

The Pink Potpourri said...

your family is too cute! its always fun to get a package in the mail. i LOVE sour patch kids!!!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict