Ponytail Summer Is Long Gone!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I have to admit, I wasn't sure if she would actually go through with it, but she was DEAD SET on chopping off that hair. You've heard my experience with the "fast-food chain" hair cutting places, so there was no way I was letting my precious baby girls first drastic style change happen in the hands of someone I didn't trust - so I booked an appointment with the fabulous, ubber-talented hair artist (as Ashton calls her), Lisa Weller of Twirl Salon.

Just take a look at my beautiful baby girl...



Isn't she just the cutest thing you have EVER seen?? I just can't get over how cute her 'do is.

I mentioned yesterday that Ashton wanted to donate her hair to Locks of Love. I went online and found out that the ponytail had to be 10 inches long... and what do you know? Exactly 10 inches! Snip, snip...





Lisa treated her like any other client that comes into the salon and made her feel so grown up! I think Ashton even got a nice head massage with wash. (I'm pretty sure most of Lisa's clients don't complain about their neck hurting or mess with the foot rest quite as much, but Lisa was great!)



Ashton kept reminding Lisa that she needed her bangs trimmed - and I kept reminding Ashton that when you get your hair cut, you get ALL of it cut! Silly girl...


After much head turning, itching, and a few "when are you gonna be done"s, the final reveal...




She's so proud of that ponytail! She woke up this morning and asked me if I had mailed it yet. I guess she thought I could do that in my sleep since we didn't get home until 9pm!!


Just beautiful baby girl! Ready for 3rd grade!

11 comments:

Toni said...

That is so wonderful that she wanted to donate it and the cut is adorable on her

Isabelle said...

Her thinking about giving her ponytail to locks of love says a lot about how you're raising your kids! Congrats :) You are right, she looks adorable with shorter hair!

Baird's Blessings said...

Love the new cut! She looks so grown up! I remember when Mickayla cut her hair short for the first time she loved it for a couple of weeks but then wanted to wear braids and realized that she couldn't! she is so darn cute!

Staci said...

i love it....i cant take it...i want my hair short sooo bad, this makes it soo much harder on me....i mean seriously how CUTE is that cut????

Christina said...

How sweet of her to donate her hair. The new cut is awesome. I'm jealous of a 3rd grader. Great.

Vern said...

What a sweet thing to witness!
Her haircut is so adorable!

One of my daughters recently donated her hair - she had so much!!

I am TAGGING you...come to my blog and check out the details!

Hugs,
Vern

MamaMia said...

What an adorable cut!

Like the new blog look, btw.

Joey said...

ummmm, please give my my daughter back. i miss her long hair already! (even though it does look cute)

Heather said...

Her new cute is precious!! It seems to really fit her and makes her look so grown up.

Katy Lin :) said...

very, very cute! i love that she donated the ponytail, too! :) what fun!

Allmykids123 said...

What an adorable cut and even better is the thought behind it. She's going to grow up to do great things! Tell her that I think that was a wonderful thing she did. I have a relative who has a wig from Locks of Love and they are just beautiful.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict