"My Husband Rocks" Friday

Friday, August 29, 2008



Quirks and all, my husband still rocks. Today will be story day. I'm sure you all need a good laugh.

I think I've told you all that Joey has a few "rituals" at bedtime. First of all, he must eat a bowl of cereal every night before he goes to sleep. But that's not all. If that were it, there would really be no story. You see, for Joey to fully enjoy his cereal, I must be nicely tucked in bed right beside him and the TV must also be tuned to a show that he enjoys. Don't get me wrong, I can also enjoy the show, but if he does not enjoy the show, he can not eat his cereal.

He is generally very good at making sure all of the stars are properly aligned before he prepares the glorious cereal - so as to make sure it does not get soggy - but when he doesn't, guess what happens?

I can hardly type I'm laughing so hard....

The cereal, which was poured prematurely, gets dumped downed the drain.

Yes. It's true. My husband - who rocks - physically can not eat his evening bowl of cereal without a.) his lovely wife tucked nicely in bed next to him, and b.) a TV show that he enjoys on his new HD.

I know you all are thinking that such a wonderful wife as I would never allow either of the two above things to happen to my husband that rocks. But here, on the world wide web, I must confess that yes, on Wednesday of this very week I did such a thing. I tried to sneak in the last 30 seconds on HGTV House Hunters (the international version) and I soggified my husbands cereal and forced him to dispose of it in the sink.

Yes, this led to a minor confrontation because I could not understand the necessity for such an act. He swayed me by several "pssst"s right in my ear as I layed in bed facing the wall trying to be mad at him for his childish behavior. It only took 4 "psst"s until we both burst into laughter.

Childish or not, I love his little quirks.

I would just like to know how he eats his cereal when I'm out of town...

5 comments:

Joey said...

psst... pssssst... pssssssssst... pst - pst - pst! lol

Debra said...

Too funny! My husband and son eat cereal every night before bed...but they eat it in the kitchen because my hubby is the Nazi police and won't allow food anywhere else in the house! haha

Laughter before sleepy time is always the way to go!

Beautiful & funny post!

Staci said...

rediculousness!! yall are nerds

Jennifer Poppy said...

too funny! he's not type-A, is he? ;)

Hipmomofboyz said...

Very funny. We have to give him credit for pouring the cereal in the sink and not in the bed;;;;

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict