... and we have progress...

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I'm sorry it's been a while since my last post, but honestly, I just haven't been in the mood. Joey can attest to that.

This tantrum thing with Taylor has really got me in a funk. I mean, I have absolutely no doubt that God is in control and that He can make this all go away at the drop of a hat, but for some reason, He is choosing not to. And I must admit it is rather frustrating.

I wish I could see the purpose. I wish I could see the other side. But I can't. Right now all I see is my sweet boy struggling everyday to maintain some sort of control over his 5 year old emotions. And for the most part failing miserably. All of you moms know how heartbreaking this is to watch as a parent.

I can't change it. I can't fix it. There's nothing that it seems like I can do that is making it any better.

Until yesterday. My little angel baby made it through one whole day without a melt down. (This is where all of you God-fearing, praise-singing, Jesus-loving people jump up and down! Go ahead!! You know God loves it!!)

Please don't stop praying for Taylor. We pray often and I continue to have discussions with him about who it is that tempts him to do wrong and who it is that lives inside of him. Taylor knows that Jesus is stronger than the Devil, but I still can't get him to say out loud "Satan, get away from me!"

You can pray for that...

8 comments:

Staci said...

Father I pray in Jesus name that you would protect this sweet sweet child of yours from the enemies attacks. I pray your angels of protection surround him. I pray you would continue to bring to his lil mind that YOU live within his heart. Father I know that you do not always cause these things to happen but that you can make good out of anything to fulfill your purposes in this life. We know that Joesph taylor was made for a divine purpose. And we know that he will grow to honor that purpose.

I pray for Stephanie and Joey that you would give them the strength to endure during this difficult time. In Jesus name,

Amen.

You and your family are very important to me. I will ALWAYS be praying.

MamaMia said...

I'm so sorry Taylor is struggling. I will keep him and you in my prayers. Praise God you are one of His faithful children.

Baird's Blessings said...

I know what you are going through. I have struggled with Jaidyn on the samethings since he was 4 and some days are good and others not so much.

I will continue to pray for Taylor and his loving parents.

Baird's Blessings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hipmomofboyz said...

I'm sorry you are having a rough time.I have 3 boyz and boyz will be boyz. They kinda have their own way of thinking. I'm sure with your love and care he will get though this...

Joey said...

yes, and now its 2 days in a row! Tuesday, Wednesday, now lets go for Thursday!

Isabelle said...

I'm happy that you are seeing some improvment. Don't give up, I will keep praying for Taylor.

HeathahLee said...

We have had problems with our son like that and while it has not been an easy road, we can now see a light at the end of the tunnel (do I hear Mac Powell?). Just don't give up on him! I have to tell myself that every day!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict